“5 Stars for the Ambience, Food, and Service”

Hotel Chalet Mounier
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Les Deux-Alpes
Wilmore, Kentucky
“5 Stars for the Ambience, Food, and Service”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We Stayed at this Hotel part of our Velo Echappe cycling package the last week of the 2013 Tour De France Tour. Our room was huge with a sitting area and balcony overlooking the street entrance.
The Hotel was immaculate. The bar server gave us samples of wine and discussed wine we would enjoy from descriptions of wines we described in English. We also had a large bag of laundry done for a mere 8 Euros. The finished laundry was hung in our closets or folded neatly on our bed. Other Laundry prices can range from 3-7 Euros per garment in other hotels. The food was excellent, 5 course meals, presentation was awesome. A person in our group had a soy problem and they made special meals for her that were of the same caliber as our meals. Breakfast is a buffet style, with eggs, ham,bacon,cheeses, other bread products, and all other types of juices and coffee
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We saw other rooms and some were small and had no balcony, since we had a travel package our room wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Prince George, BC
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Overall my experience at this hotel was quite good. It's in a fantastic setting and the hotel fits right in. Unfortunately my stay at this establishment was part of a larger pre-paid package so I cannot comment on the value. I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and attentive. They seemed eager to please. The room got quite warm during the hot weather in July so I opened the windows at night which allowed for a lot of outside street noise to enter the room and wake me up. I had a nice dinner with a group of 15 people at their restaurant which I understand is Michelin rated. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the restaurant because I was expecting more. The dinner and service was *good* but not excellent. They had at least 4 servers attending to our group but I found them to be a little slow, made a few surprising mistakes, and forgot a few things. The food itself was, again, *good* but it did not *wow* me like many other restaurants in France have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here as 2 couples for 5 days. We had paid for parking in advance so we pulled up outside to be directed. On entry to reception we were greeted like returning friends. Our bags were off loaded and taken to our rooms whilst we parked the car. We were escorted to our room and offered a tour of the facilities.

Our room was on the 2nd floor, had a mountain view with a balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom has a shower over the bath and a separate room for the WC. There was adequate storage with a safe in the closet. The only negative was the lack of mini-bar or refrigeration. However, this was in our room, the village view rooms were fully equipped. Regardless, the staff are more than happy to assist your every need.

Salva was even attentive enough to wear an All Blacks Rugby Shirt after wearing an Aussie shirt the previous day ;-)

The laundry service is excellent, fill the bag as it's the best deal. If you choose to rinse out any items yourself the lovely housekeeper will dry them free of charge.
The hotel got reasonably full towards the weekend, but this did not affect the noise level or quality of service in any way.

Breakfast is basic but plentiful, with the offer of freshly squeezed orange juice on arrival. I did not eat in their Michelin star restaurant, but my friends enjoyed the meal and sommelier's knowledge and service.

Sun bathing in the gardens or jumping in the pool or the hot tub at the end of the day is highly recommended. It also has a tiny fitness room for those so inclined, but this is Les Deux Alpes and the outdoors is to be enjoyed.

I can highly recommend getting a massage from Sophie - Exceptional!!

In closing I must emphasise the excellent quality of the service. Every staff member that we encountered was attentive and genuinely happy to help. A very special mention must go to Angelique, she was always smiling and no problem too small or large for her to deal with. She is an absolute gem an asset!

We look forward to returning to Chalet Mounier on our next trip.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra (€15) for a mountain view room with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlacKiwi
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spend one week of every month in a ski resort in the Alps, mainly in France and Switzerland. Although I was not happy with the large number of blue and green pistes in Les Deux Alpes I had decided to try the red and black pistes of the area and spent a week in this resort. Despite the bad weather conditions and limited days of fine skiing this hotel made my presence in Les Deux Alpes memorable. Here are the positive parts of the hotel:
1. Professional, friendly and helpful staff, especially Mrs Priscilla's and Mrs Cristel's attention to every detail at the front desk.
2. Mr Mounier's gesture and personal care to every customer. You can meet him when driving the shuttle car or serving drinks at the bar or replying your questions at the reception desk.
3.The authentic decoration of the hotel including the rooms.
4. Comfortable rooms with loads of amenities. Proper daily cleaning, outstanding housekeeping and full attention to customer needs.
5. Quality entertainment facilities including piano and guitar sessions performed by professional musicians at the lobby on specific evenings of the week.
Here are the negative points of the hotel:
1. The location is not perfect but whenever needed the shuttle car is at your service, even sometimes drawn by Mr Mounier.
2. The breakfast should be improved.

As I'm the owner of a tour operating company in the UK I can evaluate the hotels from a different point of view and I honestly believe that Chalet Mounier is the correct place to stay in Les Deux Alpes.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view of the town.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cenk K
London
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent one week in this hotel with my girlfriend and was glad to leave.
Firstly this hotel is more like a 3* than a 4*, breakfast is limited and the spa are is small. the bds and rooms are as you would find in a 3* hotel and in my opinion overpriced. The beds are comfortable however. Most importantly we found the staff to be unhelpful and rude , on arrival there was no introduction despite booking a suite, no directions to the spa or the locker area and we were made to carry our bags in after a long drive. The car park is also situated away from the hotel and at an additional charge. On arrival I was advised they would order a ski pass for me, when I went to claim it the next day they had not actioned. I was late for class and no apology was given. Further to that the reception manager was generally unhelpful and said to me one night when I deliberated over eating in teh hotel I was aksed by her ''are you eating here or not?'' - we also found used tissues behind the heaters. I will not return to this hotel again. Something also to consider is that during the evening up untill midnight there is loud signing from the inhouse band - if you have children beware it goes on untill midnight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrcknox
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just finished a week stay at this superb Alpine Chalet Hotel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The food was truly excellent and gastronomic. Les 2 Alpes is a lovely resort with plenty of amenities. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the ski lifts which is very useful even though there is resort shuttle nearby. We booked a standard room and it was spacious and beautifully decorated in a traditional chalet style. The hotel has discount arrangements with a couple of ski hire shops. Just ask at reception. We travelled with Crystal which made our travel very easy and straightforward and their rep was extremely helpful. We skied with The European Ski School which provided a very professional and dedicated level of teaching. All in all an excellent holiday and we would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine1402
Scotland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during the ski season. The staff were friendly and helpful. My one suggestion would be to ask for a South facing room. We were in an attic room which was quite small without balcony. However, we paid the same price as a couple who had a duplex room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends