All reviewsmark warnerafternoon teaski schoolsoupboot roomsocial tableski holidaycakeslocal companyfair reviewbit dated and tiredski hire companyduring term timesteam roomseparate wcsocial skiinghigh tea
Reviewed January 30, 2017

This is our second holiday to chalet hotel berangere. I can't really fault any of it, location is great, organisation is good, childcare staff amazing. Our food was equally delicious. Room lovely, nice hot water for a bath or shower. I understand that pool was a little cool but was still used.

Room Tip: I've had rooms on both sides of the hotel and both were good.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank JaneC357
Reviewed January 25, 2017

We had a great time at the Chalet hotel Berangere. The snow wasn’t great but it improved through the week.

The staff were the best part of the holiday, very friendly and helpful. We paid for the additional 6 days nursery. This was our daughter’s first introduction to nursery, which she settled into much better than expected. Our daughter (10months old) was assigned a nanny for the week so she would feel more consistency and was looked after extremely well. The nursery was very organised, secure and was well stocked with plenty of toys and equipment, such as sledges / buggies for trips outside to enjoy the snow. We got updates each day on how she had been and what she had done and eaten. The reception staff were also very helpful, such as finding out if various attractions were suitable for a baby and would open during some bad weather.

Mark warner also offer the complementary evening listening services, where you put younger kids to bed in a cot and older children watch a movie and / or sleep in the nursery. The service runs from 19:30 to 10:30 every day, except transfer day. The listening service was much better than expected. Our daughter is a terrible sleeper, so we expected to be called as soon as she woke up, but the staff managed to get her back to sleep many times.

The hotel is dated and could do with a bit of redecorating, but this did not detract from the holiday, I primarily go to snowboard! Our en-suite bathroom had clearly been fitted recently, the bath / shower worked well and the room had plenty of space. The room had a great view and balcony. We used the swimming pool and my wife enjoyed a massage in the spa. Would be good to get the Jacuzzi repaired!

The food was very good, both for us and the meals they made for our baby. The staff were very helpful, especially when it came to feed our daughter. Breakfast had lots of options, hot and cold. We were given lunch and dinner time options for our daughter, which included child ‘popular’ and healthy options. Our evening meals were great, with a range of options and many French classics. The complementary wine was also decent.

Unfortunately only about half of Les Deux Alpes was open due to the lack of snow, so I cannot give a fair review on the resort. We were able to just about ski in / ski out at the end of the week.

I will book again with Mark Warner.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank lukebsheffield
Reviewed January 22, 2017

We've just been to this age old chalet hotel in the Alps for 8 days/9 nights on a Mark Warner New Year offer. The hotel has a rustic, faded charm reminiscent of days gone by and the atmosphere is homely and comfortable rather than fresh and modern. Sofas and a log fire (unlit as it was warm enough without it) have been placed invitingly in the bar/sitting room which has large windows overlooking the slopes. The bedroom boasted the same view and was spacious with access to a balcony from which we were able to watch the New Year fireworks. The bathroom was adequate (though not up to the standards most would expect) with an old bath, hand held shower, worn tiles and a rusty old radiator. The beds were very comfortable with extra blankets and pillows available on request. Veronicque cleaned the room each day immaculately. The lack of a state of the ark bathroom was a small price to pay for the pleasure of staying somewhere with such stunning views, character and where, with enough snow, one is able to ski down the mountain and arrive within feet of the boot room. The food was extremely good, three course dinners with endless wine; ambitious menus - a huge contrast and choice - rare roast lamb, tartiflette, roast belly of pork, tuna, boeuf bourginone, cod, coq au vin, confit de canard....but there was always a simple choice on the menu for those who preferred straightforward food. Ellie, the Restaurant Manager ran the dining room with expert efficiency and Hannah, Elizabeth and Lucy (to name but a few) who served the meals were constantly smiling, friendly and helpful. After a hard days skiing, tea was available in the sitting room with delicious home made soup and cakes, crusty bread and jam. Ski hire was made easy - organised in the garage adjacent and Anthony made sure we were happy with our boots and skis. Rachel, the Hotel Manager was always at hand to answer any queries - everything ran like clockwork and all the staff, Kitty on Reception, Sean, Flora, Erin in the bar and the "chalet girls" made us feel welcome and greeted us with warm smiles. The Hot Stone Massage from Kathryn with lavender oils was excellent and definitely eased my aching muscles. It was a memorable holiday and I loved every minute. The hotel is a little run down and together with the spa facilities (swim pool, steam room, sauna - the jacuzzi was out of order -) could definitely do with upgrading but if you are happy to overlook this, it is a delightful place to stay with a huge variety of pistes and mountain restaurants. I would definitely revisit Les Deux Alpes with Mark Warner again.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Day 5 of our stay and whilst the staff are friendly that's it really. Dated and shabby room is clean. TV doesn't work. Pool opening times are to my mind weird. No early morning swim. Chose hotel with a pool for a reason. Walked back from town for afternoon swim. Pool out of order. Reception didn't know this. Food hit and miss. Buffet evenings much much better than off the menu nights and I'm yet to have a hot breakfast. It's all a bit ok but masses of improvement needed. Seems ideal if you have kids as they're looked after all day and catered for but don't chose for nice rooms, jacuzzi (doesn't work), pool or modern facilities. Also temperature inside is oppressive.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2016

This is the first time I have booked a holiday with Mark Warner - never again! Having booked a ski-ing holiday for myself and my two boys several months ago, I have just received an email to say that due to unforseen circumstances, Mark Warner are adding an additional 8% to my (already expensive) trip. This email arrived 11 days before the balance of our holiday was due and one week before Christmas. I now have no choice but to loose my deposit with little time to book another trip or try to meet the increased cost of the trip. I definitely won't be using this company again!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family