Tripadvisor
Les Deux-Alpes
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews ski storage room chair lift cleaned every day hotel owner croissants recommend hotel rooms are clean comfortable bed a free shuttle bus an alternative ski holiday first floor each evening perfect location soup michele alps
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time at Les2Alpes and second time skiing in the Alps. I booked through SunWeb and opted for the 3 night/2 day ski pass deal. The skiing was very good with a perfect variety of snow for a two day ski pass, however the real success of the trip was finding Hotel Jam Session.

The atmosphere throughout was welcoming and intimate, engendered by owner, Michele, and his team. No request appeared too much and I had no complaints during my stay.

The hotel catered for solo travellers, small skiing parties and families. The accommodation was perfectly clean, functional and adequate. The food was wholesome, nutritious and plentiful with an Italian flavour. The bar was well-equipped, friendly and cosy. The hotel is nestled above the village which is a short stroll away. There is an easily accessible kit room with an exit and entrance to either the slopes running into the village or the ski lift up towards the glacier.

I travelled alone and self drove from London to Les2Alpes. The issues that came to mind during the drive were...

Parking arrangements.
Hotel Jam Session is at the top of Les2Alpes village and is part of a cluster of hotels, cafes and ski equipment shops in its own mini resort overlooking the village. There is ample free parking underneath the development with multiple access points. The stairs to Hotel Jam Session we’re clearly marked so I was able to park off road in a spacious, covered car park, less than a 10 second walk from the hotel reception. The free shuttle bus also picks up and drops off from this car park.

Ski pass collection.
As I had booked through a third party this was between SunWeb and myself, however the hotel owner, Michele, pointed me in the right direction to collect my pass from the main square in the village. I only had to walk 50 metres to be on the slopes and also to see the ski pass office. An alternative could be to ask the hotel or travel agent to arrange for passes to be dropped off at reception prior to your arrival.

In summary, Hotel Jam Session is ideal for solo, group or family skiers looking for comfortable, economic, uncomplicated, ski-in/ski-out mountain access. I will look forward to staying here again if I return to Les2Alpes.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2019

We booked in here as a family of four and loved it. We booked on the Wednesday and travelled out on the Friday so there wasn't a lot left to chose from in Les Deux Alpes in our budget.

Our journey to Jam Session was a catalogue of weather related dramas so we actually arrived at 4am, we'd called to let the hotel know and they were great. Gave us the door entry code and our room numbers so we could just lift our keys from reception.

Parking is underground which is brilliant.

Rooms are basic, and could do with upgrading but have adequate storage and places to hang/dry stuff, showers small but functional, hot water lasts for 2 quick showers. If person 1 takes a long hot shower then person 2 is getting a cold shower!

Ski storage room is great, plenty room and locker space, but again could do with upgrading.

We were half board, breakfast was plentiful and dinner was excellent. Choice of main course, unlimited salad, soup course, dessert and all really good quality for the price we paid. The food was definitely well above the star rating of the hotel.

I love how this hotel is run, everyone is so nice and friendly. The bar was quiet compared to some apres ski areas but that suited us perfectly, and the barman was well able to create and partake in doing shots with us every so often! Being ski in-ski out was worth its weight in gold, first time I've done ski in-ski out and I can't imagine doing anything else now.

The only drawback is this hotel is used for school trips and being cheaper also popular with students, so can get really noisy and annoying. The last 2 nights of our stay were really broken with loud music, shouting, swearing and folk having a carry on.

However, the folk who run this hotel are brilliant and really made our stay. We' love to come back again in a couple of years.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Essential hotel perfect for ski
high level ski team, expert teachers and the day is full of workout.
The room are quite good but they need to be refurbished.
Overall the three Malfatto brothers are great !

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Very good value for your money! If someone wants to go there for skiing it's near the Chair lift ( 20 meters). The room is simple but enough and it has a very good breakfast and also a very good dinner. The belongers and the staff are very polite.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

This was our first ever ski holiday as a family and it surely didn’t disappoint. The resort les 2 alps was beginner friendly and we found it met all our abilities in the family as the week went on. You can literally ski in and out and this was really helpful towards the end of the day when tired. The hotel itself was basic but it was clean and the family who run it nothing is never to much trouble. The breakfast menu is mainly croissants, cereal and bread. The evening meal is slightly mixed and there are many courses. There is pasta on the menu each evening but this is really nice along with other courses. All the staff are really friendly and welcoming especially Sarah and Carmelo. The hotel has a boot room to store boots and skis which was really handy. The room was quite small for a family on four but it’s only a place to sleep so was not a big issue. There is a free shuttle bus that goes around the mountain. When we arrived we were dropped by Ben’s bus at point info stop. You then have to get the free shuttle bus stop 17 and the hotel is at stop 19. The local swimming pool in the square up by the hotel is freezing. It has an outdoor pool and indoor but it was so cold we only managed to stay in the water for 20 mins. I also want to mention boys and men have to wear trunk style swim wear whilst in the pool.
The weather while We was there was amazing everyday at sunny and it was rather warm. We will be back and defo recommend Hotel Jam Session.

Date of stay: February 2019