Short 4 day stay for us which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Hotel was basic and in need of refurbishment, but this did not detract from the fact that the staff were wonderful, and the food quite superb.
Transfer from Grenoble airport was straight forward with meet and great at the airport and a 1 1/2 hour trip by mini cab to resort.
Check-in very straight forward, with room being small & comfortable, if basic. Mattress was good.
The staff made the place, brilliant!
We didn't book our skis through hotel (but we should have for the convenience).
Ski school (inclusive for the whole day) was certainly worth it. Christian B (our instructor who was more of a guide than an instructor, which we preferred) was brilliant. You know the snow is good when the instructor is cheering the loudest on the powder runs.
Overall, excellent place to stay, combined with the brilliant service & food, fantastic pistes, snow and guides, we only wish we'd booked for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the meeting point of the six valleys of the Oisans, the resort of Alpe-d'Huez stretches out surrounded by the former alpine pastures of a mountain village. Dominating this suntrap spot and well placed on its sunny slope, this Club Med Village invites guests to launch out and revel in the thrill of the longest black run in Europe, while those who prefer to take it easy enjoy the panoramic view. Parents and children share the joy of new sensations as they zigzag around the skating rink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med L 'Alpe d'Huez la Sarenne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med l `Alpe d`Huez La Sarenne Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- L'alpe-D'huez Club Med
- Club Med L 'Alpe D'Huez La Sarenne France/Rhone-Alpes