All reviews we stayed half board family run hotel lovely family run for making our holiday breakfast tray traditional french food breakfast offers chair lift cheese fondue breakfasts were great comfortable lounge bar short walk lovely hotel every evening ski trip raclette ski equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Visited here with a group of friends (16 of us) and right from the start it was a dream co-ordinating with the hotel - prompt responses to e-mails and always willing to work with us to get a package that suited everyone.

Our arrival was at 2am in the morning but we were still greeted with a warm and welcoming smile which was a lovely feeling.

Rooms are functional - no mini-bars or sofas, but the beds are comfortably firm (exactly what you need after a day skiing), the bathroom is clean with a reasonably powered shower and the mountain view rooms do enjoy stunning scenery.

Breakfast offers a reasonable selection of cereals, pastries, and selected hot items. Dinners are set course - very tasty and team are always happy to cater for dietary issues. Bar is a comfy place to relax and balcony offers stunning views.

All the staff are extremely friendly and keen to assist wherever they can - all in all a fantastic base for exploring Alpe d’Huez.

The only reason I docked a star is you do have a flight of stairs to get to the reception, which is disheartening when you arrive in the early hours and have several bags with you. Also the balcony outside our room felt structurally unsound so having ventured out once, we never chanced it again for fear of it collapsing.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2019

Hotel is extremely well situated in the old village with a ski track down to the chair that serves the signal station above the main village. This makes it virtually ski in and out.
The hotel staff who have run the hotel for a number of generations were both extremely friendly and helpful making my family ski week really special.
The restaurant quality is superb, 4 courses each night with an absolutely wonderful cheese trolley !
Rooms were very clean , tidy and roomy with nice size shower and bath facility en-suite. we were located on the 4th floor so lift was essential after a full day on the mountain. Boot room a real bonus with heated lockers and a very conveience ski equipment store with technician located adjacent and connected to the Hotel..a bonus!
A really nice south facing sun terrace and very comfortable bar lounge for relaxing and apres.

Room tip: 4th floor with balcony, en-suite and bath
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic, I was debating between 4 and 5 on the review, but the friendly staff pushed it to a 5.

The room service (twice daily) is excellent, we had a twin room which was lovely. The bathroom was spacious, the only downside was the small bed but I am 6 ”2”. One of my reasons for debating a 4/5 star review was due to there being no kettle in the room. I think having these facilities would benefit a lot of guests.

The restaurant is exceptional, you’d be looking at a competitor for Michelin star. The staff were excellent! I wasn’t a fan of the meals on a Tuesday and Thursday, apparently this was a tradition. Tuesday was a salad to start and beef stew, didn’t find it filling following a day of skiing. Thursday was cheese fondue which I’m not a fan of, but this is my personal opinion. But you’re local to restaurants so we went to Smithys Tavern up the road (recommend visiting here). Breakfast offers cereal, scrambled / boiled egg, bacon, pancakes, fruit, yoghurt, pastries etc, so plenty of choice.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying here. Value for money and the staff are so welcoming. This hotel would be my first choice if i visit Alpe D’Huez again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Loved staying here with our two grown up sons. Our room faced the mountain with a lovely balcony and the rooms were spotlessly clean. Thanks to the staff who were friendly and helpful at all times!
Location was great, very close to the ski slopes and bars.

Room tip: Higher floor overlooking the mountain is best
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Spent a week here with my husband and our five-year-old son. The hotel is spotlessly clean. It’s close to the bottom of the Grande Sure lift, and also very close to where Crystal have their childcare.

Our room was lovely, our only complaint was that there was only one plug socket, which made charging all our devices quit a challenge (we were in room 36, but other members of our party were in room 39, which had a wide selection of plug sockets and USB ports).

The food was delicious, and consisted of traditional French food. The raclette was a highlight, as was the cheese trolley. If you are a fussy eater - or, like us, have a fussy child - you should be aware that you do not get a choice of evening meal, it’s a set four course dinner. The chef was kind enough to boil some pasta for my son each night, to which we added pesto. Dinner is 7.30pm to 10pm each night, with no earlier sitting for children.

Overall, I would say this hotel is better suited to couples or families with older children, although we had a lovely holiday.

Date of stay: February 2019