“Best restaurant in Alpe d'Huez”
Review of Au Grenier

Au Grenier
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2019

We had a lovely dinner here - restaurant is cosy, comfortable and has a great atmosphere. The food is excellent, very tasty, large portions and reasonably priced. The staff are very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Unsure of the local restaurants we booked this one and were pleasantly surprised. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. The waiter recommended some items which were excellent and the general ambience was welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 19, 2019

We went for lunch on the last day of our skiing holiday. The food was amazing with very large portions. Au Grenier reminded me of how much I like snails and offered a copious selection of local, cheese based dishes.

The outdoor terrace is also very nice, and service was good.

Reviewed February 14, 2019

Nice food with attentive, friendly service. Good typical savoyard specialities which we like, but plenty of options for others not wanting this. Price not too expansive but not cheap, so average I guess. Cozy place but not too small.

Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

The best meal we have had in Alpe d’Huez. My wife had foie gras with ginger bread and ice cream to start which was amazing. The flavour combinations worked really well. I had snails in garlic, herbs and butter. I only ordered them because we were in France and fancied trying them. The best snails I’ve ever had.

For main my wife had veal escalope and I had a shellfish stew consisting on scallops, prawns, mussels and mushrooms in a delicious cheese sauce. Both dishes came with vegetables (first we’ve seen in Alpe d’Huez.

Sadly no dessert as we were too full. The waiter also recommended wines by the glass to accompany our dishes. A very enjoyable evening and meal thank you.

1  Thank IainMcT