All reviews great hotel ski lockers very comfortable stay main course evening meal three nights every night the half board option english speaking lounge area hotel is located recommend this hotel ski resort a great week soup the hotel staff blanc
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Excellent hotel.We had a fantastic family holiday last week and could not have asked for more from the staff who were so accommodating.Excellent food and our waitress Laurie was brilliant she even arranged a vegetarian menu for us despite several options and n the main menu.The assistant manageress provided a complimentary coff e for me as I did grandma duty to allow their parents to skill,a lovely touch,thank you all.We would love to return.

1  Thank sandymac2016
David M, Directeur général at Hotel-Spa Royal Ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

Dear customer,
It is with great pleasure, that I acquainted of your opinion on this site and thank you for the time which you granted us to share your positive notices. I am very happy that you appreciated the comfort of Hotel Royal Ours blanc, the brilliant service of laurie and the kitchen who allowed you to obtain a vegetarian meal, the quality of the food and the professionalism of the management assistant to whom I passed on your compliments. See you again soon in our establishment. Please receive my sincere greetings.

Reviewed February 17, 2016

We travelled as a large family & the hotel accommodated perfectly the children & adults. The staff were very helpful & friendly. The rooms with private balconies were fantastic. The restaurant staff were very welcoming & the food was an excellent standard. The location is perfect & views are stunning. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank gr0ves16

Dear customer,
It is with great pleasure, that I acquainted of your opinion on this site and thank you for the time which you granted us to share your positive notices. I am very happy that you appreciated the comfort of the room with its balcony and the stunning view on mountains, welcome of the staff of the restaurant and the excellent food, the perfect location and the capacity of Hotel Royal Ours blanc to welcome a big family with children, the kindness and the helpfulness of the staff to whom I shall pass on your compliments.
I ask you to believe, dear customer, in the insurance of my respectful greetings.

Reviewed February 13, 2016

We stayed at the Royal Ours Blanc for a week whilst skiing in Alpe d'Huez. Compared to most other ski hotels we have stayed in, we would find it difficult to fault this one. The rooms were roomy and well equipped, with tea/coffee making facilities, slippers, towelling gowns and toiletries. The ski lockers were also roomy and heated. The breakfast buffet was excellent and evening meals were also good. The free swimming pool was superbly heated. There was also a spa, which we did not actually use. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Ski buses stopped right outside. Overall, a great week.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan B

Dear customer,
It is with great pleasure, that I acquainted of your opinion on this site and thank you for the time which you granted us to share your positive notices. I am very happy that you appreciated the comfort and the equipments of the room, the comfort of the ski rack, the quality of the sideboard and the lunched young, the presence of a spa, the free access of the swimming pool, the access to tracks with buses, as well as of the helpfulness and the kindness of the staff of Hotel Royal Ours blanc has who I shall pass on your compliments.

Reviewed February 1, 2016

This hotel has good and bad points. Good - quirky decor, lovely staff, very clean, good breakfast, large ski lockers, rooms with interconnecting doors for our family party were ideal, massive bath (but takes ages to fill) plenty of hot water, small pool (freezing the day we arrived, but much warmer on subsequent days. There is a spa but prices seemed quite high.

Bad - location, right at the foot of the Main Street, every night we were disturbed by noise from passing revellers. Music and shouting and drunken singing till 2am every night. We were on the fourth floor but could hear conversations in the street. May have been because there were gaps around the door to the balcony? One night drunks were on the floor above us but no-one dealt with it. The evening meal is a buffet dish of the day but a choice of cooked to order. Same choice every day, but the main problem was a total absence of cooked vegetables served with meals, just salad. We were all craving hot veg by the end of the week. Puddings were a selection of small cakes - the same every day, and a different tart each night - very repetitious. Generally we did not think this was 4 star food, although cannot fault the charming restaurant staff. Be warned a bottle of mineral water in the restaurant costs €7 - really 700% mark up? Very annoyed about that. Lastly the hotel is either a walk down two rather treacherous sets of steps to the bucket lift or village chairlifts. Only five minutes but one set of steps has a wonky bannister, or uphill to the middle station of the bucket lift. The noise alone would stop us staying here again. There are free shuttle buses but in January they are so few and far between they are useless. Apparently more frequent in February- French half term

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
David M, Directeur général at Hotel-Spa Royal Ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Dear customer, We thank you for the time which you granted to us to express your impressions on your stay in Royal Polar bear. We are delighted to learn that you appreciated the decoration original, the charming staff, the breakfast, the quality of our floor services, the comfort of ski racks and your chamber. We are saddened that be disturbed to us by the noise of the street, our windows are nevertheless isolated. And concerning your remark on the evening buffet, we have already exchanged with the Leader. See you again soon for a next stay in Royal Polar bear.
The Direction.

Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

Familie Johnston had a wonderful time at Royal Ours Blanc Hotel, the staff couldn't have been friendlier especially Matthieu in the bar and the restaurant staff in general.

The buffet dinners were fine, but the service to go with it was superb. Breakfast in bed was a real luxury treat and fondue night was fun.

Hotel constantly spotlessly clean and the rooms are modern and well thought out, especially the bathrooms which are really nice.

The pool and spa facilities were especially nice after a days skiing.

Slight noise from roads below late at night on a couple of occasions, but nothing that caused any problems.

We're a group of 10 friends aged 26-31.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
AliceLight, Directeur général at Hotel-Spa Royal Ours Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2016

Dear family Johnston,
It is with great pleasure, that I acquainted of your opinion on this site and thank you for the time which you granted us to share your positive notices. I am very happy that you appreciated the comfort of the room, the bathroom, the modernity of the hotel, the spa, the quality of our services as well as all teams of Hotel Royal Ours blanc has who I shall pass on your compliments.
Sincerely Yours.