All reviews ski shop cable car shuttle service ski room spacious room beautiful hotel stayed nights a wonderful stay other hotels every night luxury gondola thomas sauna slopes kit courses
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Party of 5 skiers spread between 3 rooms on 4th floor.

Good
+ Excellent ski shop on 3rd floor which is then 5 metres from bubble. Easiest ski experience we have ever had
+ Spa had good facilities to relax at the end of the day. Seemed to be well run but need to book massage in advance
+ shuttle service around town was excellent; quick and accommodating. We ate out most evenings
+ rooms were spacious, modern, clean and good vibe. Beds made up every day
+ breakfast buffet was excellent

We were suspicious of having dinner because one of our party is vegan; however we gave them advance notice and they made a good effort to make us feel accommodated. It was better than we were expecting

However, some of the service was a little variable. There are some star staff who went out of their way for us, particularly when I needed quick doctor visit!

Together with all the good skiing we look forward to coming back

Trip type: Traveled with family
Team-GuestRelation, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Daria-I Nor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear julianh932,
It's a great pleasure to read your kind words. Such a pleasure to share ghis moments and we can't wait to see you again !

Reviewed January 12, 2020

We arrived at 1.30 am after flight delays etc and received a very friendly welcome. We were given generous platters of food which we had not requested.

Our room was immaculately clean, comfortable & cosy. Quiet & lovely views. Toiletries, water, & clean towels were provided every day. Coffee capsules should be included however. TV signal poor.

Breakfast in the restaurant was really good though a little too warm. Extra payments for fried eggs, poached eggs, omelettes etc should be provided at no extra cost. However lots of choice.

We stayed half board. The restaurant was very comfortable. Anna Louise served us each evening & was very attentive & friendly. We noticed on our last evening that she wasn’t working and so the restaurant seemed a little chaotic. Shame we couldn’t say thank you before we left. Food was very fresh & well cooked however we found the starters on the menu were disappointing and surprised at extras to pay for different dishes. The main courses, seafood buffet, cheese buffet & desserts were very enjoyable.

We enjoyed drinks in the bar before & after our evening meal. Very friendly staff & entertainment from a singer and band.

The ski room service was excellent. The best we have known. Cable car almost at the door too to take you to the slopes.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Hotel without hesitation. One of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed at for a ski holiday in France.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Team-GuestRelation, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Daria-I Nor, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear bluetwo47,
Thank you for your comment and for your kind words. It's a great pleasure to read that your stay was a success.
We really hope that we will have the pleasure to see you soon

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Disgusting, terrible are those words that can be chosen for this 5 star hotel so to speak !!! The rooms are dirty, fungus, old, in the hallway stinks of damp and mold. There is nothing to eat for children in the restaurant. I will definitely get an answer: who assigned five stars to these people who unscrupulously deceive people and for what such merits this is done ???? Elementary, how to bring suitcases into the room is missing. To my question, where can I even get a trolley for carrying suitcases, they answered me that it was stolen and that the suitcases have no legs? Well, this is simply unacceptable rudeness!And this is just the beginning, worse, the rooms are dirty, the bed probably doesn’t wash and iron properly (apparently they save, although the number is like 5 stars) because the body was really itchy (the first sign of linen mites), there is no bottle of water in the room !!! And attention !!!! Circus!!!! Light sensors are triggered for every movement when you are sleeping, and the light goes out when you are sitting in the toilet (you have to wave your hands to light it up), it feels like it’s specially made to spoil your mood, sleep, and your whole rest! !!I turn to the head, I am a businessman and on the rights of this I can say with confidence: either you are not doing your own thing, or your managers are not bringing the real situation to you, doing fraud and all this will lead to losses and, most importantly, to curses people against you !! At our request to return the money, since we were given a complete discrepancy with what was declared, we were brazenly and cynically ignored. We regularly travel with friends every 3 months, but this is the first time in 5 stars !!! We had to look for another hotel with a small child, despite the fact that the money was not returned to us.Safely settled in 4 stars, which turned out to be a million times better than this disgusting 5 star hotel !!! We still expect that the hotel manager will contact us, apologize for the inconvenience and return our money to us !!!!! In turn, I am ready to send my manager, with minimal work experience, who will hold a free 2-week master class.
My email address Golyadkin.a.a.a@mail.ru

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

In any case, I do not recommend it!!! I write in the hope that other people who want to stay in this hotel will change their mind after reading this.
We booked this hotel from 04.01.2020 to 09.01.2020.
I'll start with the numbers-monthly . Dust was everywhere, on the floor, window sills, batteries, heated towel rails . When we arrived , even the bed was very dirty . All in dirty spots and someone else's hair on all the beds in the room. And the SMELL , I do not even know how to properly describe it in words - but I'll try))).... it smelled simultaneously of soured, damped mold, dirty socks, and rottened food!!!
Seeing this, we immediately turned to the reception, with a request to change the room. The room was changed for us - BUT WHAT WE SAW in the NEW ROOM: it WAS again a DIRTY and DUSTY with SOMEONE else's HAIR and STAINS on the BED LINEN!!! The smell in the room was a little bit better than in the first one... But not in the hallway, it smelled like someone had thrown up. Walking down the corridor, I had to close my nose, because the smell caused a gag reflex!!!
We showed this hair on the bed to the girl from the reception again!!! She said that they didn't have other rooms , but they can change the bed linen. She called the second female employee from the front Desk and started changing our bed linen. On the question that there is everywhere dirt and dust, they said that they do not have a cleaner at the moment because it was too late!
We reported that we do not want to stay in this hotel in such mud with small children, But since it was already late and the children were tired, at night we did not look for another hotel, we decided to stay until the morning and leave in the morning!
Wpe went to the hotel restaurant located on the 2nd floor of this hotel to feed the children.
In the restaurant the pork was raw, the French fries were burning, instead of vegetable soup they brought Onion soup and tried to convince us that it was a vegetable soup!!!
Returning to the room after a dinner it was about 11 PM, I found that the sheets and duvet covers had been changed, but the pillowcases on the pillows were not! I went down to the reception to ask for clean pillowcases, as there was no information on how to call there from the room. But at the reception, no one was there, I waited for some time, no one came. To go to bed I had to wrap my pillows with my t-shirts... the towels were very dirty in some spots.
No glasses toothbrush handles in bathroom, Slippers, or dressing gowns. Socks in which walked on the floor, half an hour later were black. This is not rest, this is HELL! I really spoiled the mood and rest in General!!
The next morning we Packed up and told them we were leaving the hotel.
To request a refund of the money that was charged from our credit card when we booked the hotel on the booking.com we were refused, arguing that this is our choice, and they did everything they could for our comfortable stay-namely, changed our room and bed linen! It's funny!!))) 5 stars !))) And advised us to contact booking.com with this question. Manager from booking.com contacted the hotel several times, asked us to drop some photos of this hotel. We dropped the photo. Manager of booking.com told us that he tried to explain to the hotel management about the discrepancy between the declared service and the real one, as a result, the hotel stopped answering calls booking.com and the money wasn't returned to us.... We were persuaded to stay at the hotel, but despite the fact that the money was not returned to us, we had to remove to another hotel with two small children.
We are still waiting for the hotel Manager to contact us, apologize for the inconvenience and return our money. My email address k77777e@gmail.com

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Hotel Daria is perfectly positioned with a ski-lift taking you to the main slopes. There is an onsite ski-room that is brillant for hiring skis and boots - at a high cost! We spent two weeks over Christmas and New Year equating to €30k spend for a family of six people. Generally the staff and the manager are very helpful with restaurant managers and certain staff (Gregory) providing amazing service; others were mixed with Priscilla on reception being very unhelpful and someone to avoid if you wish to get a good service.
The real issue with the hotel apart from the mixed service is the food. It is really very poor; especially if you are vegetarian or vegan. After a day on the slopes you want something filling and tasty. This is not the experience at the hotel; where small portions are served with a focus on look rather than quality or variety. Even the exclusive restaurant disappoints and the chef seems to blend all the vegetables! The wine choice is good but is very expensive.
In terms of the rooms we had a suite; it was next to the lift so this was very noisy in the mornings and in the evening noisy with people walking drunk up the slopes. The 6th floor suffers from significant noise from the ventilation system which might disturb some people. The beds are hard and the pillows not quite right.
The hotel is very focused on try to get you to pay extras even if you have taken a half board - this is excessive based on the costs of staying at the hotel.
So in summary don't expect that the hotel is what you would expect from a 5 star, the food will disappoint especially if you are staying for a longer period. The staff are generally good albeit embarrassed by the food being served up.

Room tip: Avoid the 6th floor and side of the hotel next to the ski lift
Date of stay: December 2019