“Tasteless and pretentious” 2 of 5 stars

Restaurant Villa Belrose
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Gassin
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Paris, France
“Tasteless and pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to make discover a one Michelin star restaurant to a friend, well I have to say that we were both really disappointed. We have the menu and a selection of wine for every courses. Amuse Bouche : cold and with no interest, foie gras and rabbit terrine tasteless and sad, prawns sad and with a strange association of taste, beef : not a good part and covered with tasteless truffles !!!
Hopefully the service is nice and the cheeses selection is great but for 450 euro I know 3 stars restaurant where I am sure to have an amazing dinner

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Larnaka City, Cyprus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went as a couple for a dinner ordering the menu for € 105. The choice of of dishes within the courses, the quality of the presentation and the food, the immaculate service were all superb.
Absolutely astonishing was the cheese platter where we could choose between 60 (!) cheeses. we had one the the least expensive red wines at € 65 and found it excellent as well.
The setting on the outside terrace gives you a splendid view of the bay of St. Tropez. we will definitively return.

• Visited August 2013
ロンドン, United Kingdom
“Only 1 star?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent nice a couple of hours there from hustle and bustle in Saint-Tropez.

They serve in the nice terrace of the centre of the hotel.
And view should be count as an appetizer, too.

The food has very dedicated taste as well as decoration.

I cannot beleive Villa Belrose has only 1 star of Michelin.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Will never go back : More than 3 hours to eat and paid Euro 600 for 4 persons with no cocktail.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We are neighbours to this hotel as we own 2 villas next to it, and we had already been disappointed by this restaurant but had some friends this evening and wanted to try again : big mistake. We arrive around 9 pm and left after midnight. The service was horrible although there was a lot of waiters and waitresses walking around like ghosts trying to avoid us. We got the menu half an hour after we arrived, with no wine list, no bread, no water. Just waiting. After claiming for the wine list, we had to wait almost 20mn to get the wine. The "service" was completely unaware of the customers expectations and didn't care, and we never had any body close to our table during the 3 hours wait. Every 20 mn they kept giving us an "amuse bouche" just for keeping us waiting. The sommelier was working like an automat, no smile, no memory : he removed my wine glass without asking for my permission, as I originally said that that I was not drinking too much this evening !! Another waiter kept pouring fizzy water in my glass when I requested still water, and changed the glass but left the other one next to it, which was bad and confusing for me. For the dessert, at midnight !, the waiter "dropped" the plates on the table, not even in front of us and left for a while before coming back. Nerve racking.
The food was OK, but my starter was far too salted, the main course was OK (sweetbreads) but I was not not even anymore hungry when I got it. The total bill for 4 persons and 2 bottle of local rose wine : Euro 603 !!
I spend my whole life in luxury places worldwide, this one is really to avoid. Get a pizza or a sandwich in a cool place and be happy, and save money..

• Visited August 2012
Leuven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We've done some of the best restaurants at the Cote d'Azur and the Belrose must have the best views of them all. From your table you can enjoy the Saint-Tropez bay with St-Maxime in the back. With nice weather, you see the Esterel and sometimes the Alps with snow on the mountains. The view itself is worth the visit!

We felt immediatly very welcome in the Belrose. After our car was parked by the car guy, we were accompanied to the upstair terrace to have the aperitif. A large selection of drinks were available and we got some snacks (2 oysters) together with our glass of champagne. Then, we got the menu. They have a 'menu de degustation', a 7 course dinner of 125 euro. The other one is a 5 course dinner at 110 euro. The sommelier was very friendly and willing to help us choose the wine (just like all staff). The have a very large selection of wine
The food was very very good but we've had better (Chateau Eza for example). Let's say it was just ok for a restaurant with a Michelin star. But the whole experience (view, staff, wines, atmosphere, ...) confirms the Michelin star.

Menu: 125 or 110 euro
Bottle of water: 9 euro
Bottle of champagne: starting at 115 euro
Glass of champ: starting 22 euro
Cocktails: starting around 20 euro
Glass of wine: from 12 euro
Bottle of wine: from 60 euro

Tip of the week: ask for a table in the front so your view isn't blocked by other people :)

• Visited July 2012