Kube Hotel-St Tropez
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Dune(Saint-Tropez)
View Hotel
La Bastide du Port(Saint-Tropez)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicemodern hotelst tropezon demandthree nightsroom was spaciousf blovely coffeefull length mirrora sea view roomgreat weekendolder partrooftop bardark hallwaysduring high seasonbeautiful surroundings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here for 10 days in May, the hotel is good for the following reasons:
Excellent concierge service, helpful and informative
Shuttle service into St Tropez, reliable and easy to use
Generally helpful staff that genuinely seem to care about your stay
The location is peaceful with lovely views
Our room was lovely with a balcony over looking the bay
On the negative side:
The design concept (cube) is not practical, the shower head (huge) flooded the bathroom
The dining room tables were small and so close together it was hard to manoeuvre
The corridors are dark, so dark I nearly tripped over a wire and on another occasion walked into a fire door.
The pool beds are basic with no cushions

Room Tip: A room with a balcony overlooking the sea is a must
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kube_Hotel_Gassin, Directeur général at Kube Hotel-St Tropez, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Madam,

We thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor and for your many positive remarks on different aspects of our hotel.
We understand that the design concept of the Kube Hotel can be somewhat surprising. It is what gives us a unique character.
We acknowledge your comments and will take your recommendations into account for the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Kube Hotel.

Yours Very sincerely.

Stéphane Faraut - Operations manager
KUBE HOTEL - Saint Tropez

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here recently with friends for 3 days as part of a 12 day tour of France.
The hotel is very clean , modern and ' funky' ( the interior lighting of the corridors take some getting used to but does enhance the modern funky feel) the front of the hotel has excellent views,the staff are first class & friendly and the service outstanding , in fact there is little one could say other than outstanding!
One area of caution however -- be aware of the hidden extras -- 40 euro per day to park the car in the underground car park ( which was partially flooded during our stay) additional hidden charges if you elect to have a simple omelette with your breakfast, and beware of the 'complimentary' hors d' oeurves served with your pre dinner drinks -they mysteriously arrive, and even more mysteriously appear on your bill!!!

Room Tip: Select a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the bay , views from the rear are limited !
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Madam,
We thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to know just how much you have enjoyed the concept and the service.
There is indeed a fee to let your car in our garage. The rate is written on every booking proposal and booking confirmation as well as on all the websites we are listed on. Moreover, our valets remind our guests of the rate when taking their car upon arrival.
I also wish to confirm that the hors-d’oeuvres are indeed complimentary.
I remain at your entire disposal to check the entirety of your bill if you would be so kind as to contact us in order to let us know your name.
We thank you once again for your feedback.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours very sincerely,

Stéphane Faraut - Operations manager
KUBE HOTEL - Saint-Tropez

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Glad we only stayed at this hotel for only one night. All looks good at first, but things arte not so good when your there. I must agree with one of the reviews about stupid handles on the doors. I have small hands, if it wasn't for my husband, I would never had been able to open the door. There was no place really to put the cases, and no places to put your toiletries in the bathroom. We wasn't going to stay after they tried to charge us 40 Euro's for garaging the car, but they waved the charge, after we said it was appauling. On the good side, we had a lovely cocktail on the house by the pool. The breakfast at 25 Euro's was well over priced. I took a plate and there a butter rapper attached to the underside, hadn't been washed properly. We went up to the top of the hotel,ashtrays were full, hadn't been emptied. I just hate that, as I'm a non smoker.
The hotel when you go in, looks good, but not so good once you have stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clairju
Kube_Hotel_Gassin, Directeur général at Kube Hotel-St Tropez, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We thank you for having shared your comments on TripAdvisor..
We apologise for the late answer and the inconvenience you mentionned here.
Since 2014, many improvements have been made for your comfort and the new team would be delighted to welcome you again in the future.
With our very warm regards from Saint-Tropez.

The Management

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were delightfully surprised with this really cool and modern hotel. They upgraded us to what I believe was the most beautiful room! It was on the top floor with a big balcony and offered beautiful panoramic views of the ocean and mountains. The room itself was huge, with a large bathroom and double sinks, a nice surprise after our stay in a very small room in Paris. We visited during "off" season so there weren't very many people. Their roof top bar was closed which supposedly has awesome parties at night during peak season, but the 360 views are amazing and worth a quick visit. All of the staff were very nice, spoke English and were very eager to help with restaurant recommendations and reservations. We had a rental car so were able to get to the port/center of St. Tropez in less than 5 minutes. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Negatives -- Their website is very outdated. There is no longer an ice bar or club at the hotel as it states on their website. Those have been moved to the Kube hotel in Paris. Valet, drinks, and breakfast buffet are all expensive -- but this is to be expected of any hotel in St. Tropez.

Room Tip: For beautiful views - ask for the top floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed just one night and only spent a few hours in the hotel mostly sleeping but surprised at the number of problems I came across from service to design and maintenance:

- Funky cube design is overdone with square everything from the toilets to the sinks to the bars of soap. Square edges isn't always a good idea in living spaces.
- Service was spotty. I asked for a late checkout and was not accommodated even for an extra hour. I have been granted much more than this at hotels of a much lower price and standard around the world so this came as quite the surprise.
- The AC in the room wasn't working: The fan was blowing but the air was warm and humid. This was fixed after I mentioned it with a freezing room when I got back at night but then the problem came back the next day. Also you can't control the temperature in the room just the fan speed. This is a an absolute pain.
- Someone else mentioned in their review that there was no space to lay out toiletries in the bathroom due to the sink design. I fully agree that they could have put this in easily with the spaces between the two sinks.
- Extra charge for a newspaper. This wasn't mentioned and it was no big deal but I noticed it upon checkout and was surprised that such an expensive property would charge 3.5 euros for a newspaper.
- Room key cards had Peugeot ads on them and nothing seemingly to do with the hotel. I found this a bit tacky.
- The door knob on the outside of the door is absolute rubbish and a pain in the behind to use. Its this small circular thing you have to twist around that keeps slipping so getting in to the room every time is a pain.

The staff is friendly but not very accommodating. There is a lack of general warmth that I felt overall although it did not impact me but was noticed. Some of this is to be expected in France but I'd stayed at the new Hotel de Paris in St. Tropez (great place, central location) about a month before and was more pleased there for a number of reasons. It was not flawless but they got more things right.

The best thing about this place is the outdoor spaces and especially the large rectangular pool overlooking the bay and especially at night when its lit up.

My recommendation is to go there for drinks at the outdoor bar and enjoy the view or hang out at their pool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are a bit too visible to passers-by for my taste.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pendolino77
Sébastien D, Responsable relations clients at Kube Hotel-St Tropez, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Sir,

It is with great concern that I have read your comment regarding your stay with us.

I do feel sorry that you did not like the design of the hotel.

Thanks to your comments and other guests on the same subject we have added in our bathrooms equipment that allow you to lay out more toiletries. It seems that it is not enough this will be improved.

The room AC is controlled not only by the speed of the fan but also by the degree of temperature, depending on how it is set it can be very cold.

As far as the newspaper is concerned I agree with you even though it is mentioned it should be done more clearly.

You have been handed a room key with Peugeot logo by mistake, these room keys should all have been put aside after the Peugeot event. Unfortunately this one slipped our attention.

Last but not least I would like to thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff and the layout of the hotel.

Karim CHAÏA