Appart'City Geneve Gaillard
Atalante Hotel(Annemasse)
  • Fitness center
Hotel La Place(Annemasse)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed for a month in the Park & Suites Appart-Hotel Elegance for 50 euro a night for a two room apartment. Short stays are more expensive. It was the perfect sleepover spot for me, close to work, 10 mins walk to border followed by a choice of three trams anywhere in Geneva within 15-30 minutes. It's rather dull brown decor rather than Elegant, but all I wanted was a place to sleep & cook some of the produce from the Saturday local Savoyard farmer's market.
They have free wifi internet access but it's very slow, OK for email not for Skype.
They have a laundry facility in house but the dryer is underpowered and you're better going to the laundry next door. A supermarket across the street, dry cleaner, boulangerie, flower shops etc, all cater for your needs.
I'm going back next month. If I was staying there longer I might look around for an apartment in Geneva but I've read about hassles with landlords and estate agents and just want one less problem to handle.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel itself is ok, but do not confuse it's location with the one close to the airport - this costs e70 by the hotel's taxi to the airport or just e50 if you hop in a taxi off the rank. It advertises on the website as 24hr reception Monday to Friday, however, when my flight was delayed and I arrived at midnight, there was no one to check me in - or let me into the hotel. The phone number outside didn't work and the woman who answered the phone number that was inside reception, was very rude and unhelpful. Luckily, one of the few helpful French men in existence assisted me and I finally got the safe code, where my key was thankfully waiting!
If you don't want to be near the airport, and you're checking in within business hours, hotel would probably be fine. (apart from the hair in the bed)..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September 2010 and were completely disappointed. Although the reception area appears to be lovely (new and clean), the rooms are in stark contrast. It was initially smelly and on closer inspection was poorly cleaned and maintained. The shower tiles were mouldy, the tap discoloured and the curtain filthy. The kitchen area was similar, cutlery, plates etc all dirty. The bed was poorly made and the room needed a fresh coat of paint everywhere.

Although the reception staff seemed pleasant enough, when we had breakfast on the final day, we were disappointed even further. In addition to a dead bluebottle in the muesli, there was hair on the cold meat. On mentioning this to the member of staff they merely said 'I better be more careful in the future'. Thankfully, the reception staff took a better approach and did not charge us for breakfast.

The room itself is large enough and the bed comfortable, unfortunately, our enjoyment had already been tainted.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the tram line to the centre of Geneva so in total it only takes about 20 minutes. There is a couple of local supermarkets and an excellent Japanese restaurant where we had a fabulous dining experience (see photos).

If your going to Geneva and expect the high standards such a city demands, we would recommend a different hotel. Geneva is a great city to relax in with numerous parks beside the lake.

P.S. Beware of the hustlers at the road bridge next to the Fountain. An organised group of about 6 people do a hiding ball trick and ask you to bet which tin the ball is hidden under. We straight away so it was a scam and moved on only for a fight to break out a few minutes later......

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Hotel was excellent. Worth every penny. Use the tram from the main Gare, stop at the border with France, 10 mins walk or take the taxi to the hotel. I prefer to walk as it's a nice stroll thru the neighbourhood. The hotel has cooking facilities so you can cook your meals there. There are 2 supermarkets, 2 pattiserie / bakery shop that opens at 5.30am! and there are also several Halal Butchers and arab/ asian grocery shops as well. Very good location if you are Muslim and coming to Geneva for work or holiday, The hotel staff are very friendly. Late check out available. Room is very clean, and the bath and toilet is separate so very handy if you are staying with more that 1 person. Room is very clean. It is located in a residential area but near the main road. Not noisy at all though. You can be in Geneva in 30 mins. It is worth staying here as it feels like you are staying in your own apartment. I would go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ImanTraveller
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We choose here after researching various places, because it seemed good value for money compared to places in central Geneva.
Having read some of the reviews on here I wondered what we would find, and I was very plesantly surprised.
The parking was a little confusing. There is an underground car park, but you can actually park at the rear of the hotel, which was fine.

We had one of the suite rooms with a kitchenette. The notices in the room do ask you to leave the kitchen as you found it, so a pack of kitchen wipes would have been handy in the luggage, but it was really handy to have a fridge and basic kitchen. There is a bus stop right outside, we caught the bus to the boarder and then transferred onto the trams. The trams have ticket machines at the stops, and you buy according to which zone you're in. I think it was a 2 zone ticket to get you from the hotel to the center of town, although no one checked our ticket.

It did have wifi, but as mentioned in other reviews, it got painfully slow in the evenings. We found if we needed to upload our stuff doing it first thing in the morning worked really well. There were notices in the rooms saying they were working to improve the speed.

I found the room to be very clean, large and spacious, and I would defiantely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple