“Great diner ”
Review of La Pagerie

La Pagerie
Reserve with
La Pagerie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Gaillard
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Vraiment delicieux everything was good

1 was a bit dissapointing the onion and betrute

2 courses were delicious fera and the all vanilla desert that looks like a pebble.

The place is very nice and near geneva.

The products were good but could have used higher end products

79e menu

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Ambient: The restaurant looks 'nice', e.g. nothing exceptional. I had a feeling that it is quite new, only to be surprised here with the comments old several years.
Presentation: The dishes were represented as a I expected for this kind of restaurant: a lot of foam, drops of liquid food, 'caviar' made of olive oil etc.
Service: Both persons were rather helpful, somewhat cold, but at least they did not bother us - in fact, I like it that way. We had a special request regarding the food, but they did not understand it - but ok.
Food: Hm. I really wanted to like this place, but when I summarized my experience, I found out that: 1st course was interesting and very tasty, surprise - cheese foam nothing special, 2nd course - missing taste, 3rd course - my 'version' was tasteless and missed what I could not eat, 4th course - good and interesting, 5th course - meat was very small and tasteless, dessert - really disappointing (olive oil sorbet - not sweet at all), coffee sweets - very disappointing (lolly pops, etc … I guess I expected some French pralines). Bread and butter were thanksGod really tasty and full of flavor. All for price of 79E pp.
Drinks: Didn't have wine, but others did not complain at least. I think that it came with high price.
Atmosphere: Was it because of our company or really restaurant itself, but we enjoyed the time there. The place was not too crowded and it was good to speak to each other.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank ninichissima
Reviewed May 6, 2016

During my stay in France I got the opportunity to stop by this very nice place where I enjoyed delicious food and wine. The chef has a very interesting menu working with local providers and organic products according to the seasons. The meals were quiet impressive and highly pleasant to taste. I would definitely go again if I get once more the chance to stay in Gaillard.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

Thanks to Trip Advisor, when driving through the small town, we were pointed toward this restaurant which turned out to be among our favourite meals of all time. Menu d'Affaire at lunch for 34 Euros and the chef prepares for you an appetizer, main and dessert. Prices were steep but the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 21, 2016

I love this place that it's just 10 minutes drive far from Geneva border and I love the creativity of La Pagerie ;s Chef Michel Verdu who is very talented and humble.
I think that this Chef deserves a Michelin star and I sincerely hope this will happen one day.
The place is nice, especially after full renovation about 1 year ago, however what is unique is the food, the Menu is a "surprise" so you have to like this type of things. You are asked food preferences and possible allergies, then you just ahve to sit and wait for a series of dishes that will surprise you and delight !
Difficult to describe, it has to be tasted.
The place is not cheap, however price it's very reasonable compared to the nearby Geneva restaurant prices and excellent value for money. Definitively my favorite restaurant in Geneva area. Children menu is only 20 Euro (!)

Date of visit: March 2016