Residence La Reserve
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbus stopsmall kitcheneasy accessstreet sidedowntown genevasuperior studiohuge carrefoursimilar circumstancesfour adultsrental carclose to the airportnice poolseparate bedroomplace to staypleasant stayexcellent locationbusiness trip
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We traveled in a party of 5 and we booked two rooms at the hotel. Both were spacious, clean, well-maintained, and really well equipped: full kitchenettes with all you need to work in them, good size TVs, all the works.
Our studio room had a desk and a side table for meals plus the bed and did not seem cramped at all. A large terrace was part of the room as well, but we did not use it as we were there in december. My parents' apartment had one bedroom w/ two twin beds + a large living room with a table for 4 and a sofa bed, kitchen and two terraces.
The nicest thing is that all that costed less than two tiny hotel rooms in the center of the city - so it was definitely a great deal. And with the surplus of a breakfast buffet at a very reasonable rate and courteous service at the front desk.
The downside is that you cross the border everyday to go to Geneva - but with a small square directly in front of the hotel that has all you may need: a supermarket, a pharmacy, a liquor store and a gas station to refuel your rental car, you probably wont be so bothered. Strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jvilhena
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

The first times I came to Geneva I stayed around Cornavin, the train station. I hate staying around train stations, so I decided to try staying in Ferney Voltaire, France, instead. It is about ten minutes from downtown Geneva and certainly a universe away.

La Reserve is very well located, very close to Geneva and yet very different. One really feel in France - different mood, different approach to life. In the summer there is a nice pool and AC (not always available in Geneva and around). In the winter the convenience of being exactly at a bus stop that takes you everywhere in Geneva in no time. Good and free WiFi, flat screen TV, decent restaurant at hotel and several options at walking distance. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are travelling to or working in or near Geneva the perfect place to stay is Residence La Reserve. It is the friendliest hotel I have encountered in over 35 years of business travel. The staff are friendly, helpful and engaging, the rooms are fantastic and the village has restaurants, shops and bars and even a great Irish bar. Just a short bus ride (right outside the door) is Geneva and the airport is a few minutes away. Compared the expensive Geneva hotels this is a real bargain. Cannot rate the hotel too highly.

Room Tip: There are amazing one bedroom apartments. Perfect if you are working locally. You can even leave belongings over the weekend.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here as an alternative to Geneva after arriving with my children on a late flight.

The rooms are ideal - and for the area the value is exceptional. For an undercounted 220 euros for the night, we got a duplex suite with bedroom, 2 bathrooms, living room (sofa bed) and kitchen, plus 2 terraces etc. Refurbished and all OK. Wifi free.

Staff helpful. Replies for last minute booking were incredibly fast and friendly. Breakfast was included - not great, but fine.

Pool looked good. Photos on the website are accurate - but very well taken....

Problems? Air conditioning has been added later and so it a wall mounted unit. Room was stuffy when we arrived but kids upstairs were frozen by dawn and didn't know how to control it. Otherwise fine.

I recommend. I travel regularly through Geneva airport and this is a great option if you need more than one room. No idea how you access without a rental car... But if you have one, it's 5 mins from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 8 days while I attended meetings in Geneva; it came highly recommended by my colleagues and I was not disappointed. The hotel staff were very courteous and really went out of their way to be helpful. My studio was immaculately clean, spacious and sunny. The air conditioning worked perfectly throughout my stay, which was a relief because I was there during a heat wave. The kitchenette was compact but nicely equipped with everything you need to prepare a snack or light meal. The continental breakfast provided by the hotel was a great start to each day-- the small buffet consists of high quality meats, fruit, cheeses, fresh-baked breads, etc... Delicious!

The location is fabulous- you can enjoy the peace and charm of the countryside while remaining conveniently close to Geneva. Bus stop, supermarket and restaurants are all within easy walking distance. Don't miss the Ferney-Voltaire market (15 minute walk from the hotel), which is held on Saturdays!

The only comment I have is that I experienced difficulty accessing wi-fi on several occasions during my stay. The signal was consistently weak in my room and, for one entire evening, the hotel had no wi-fi at all. As a business traveler, this caused a great deal of frustration as I was unable to catch up on work email and assignments during this time. Hotel management are aware of this problem and I hope it has been satisfactorily addressed by now. Despite this glitch, I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would return again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel (pool area) are quieter--rush hour traffic on the road directly in front of the hotel can be noisy. .
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business