“Not thrilled about this place”

Buffalo Grill de Geneve Aeroport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
The Netherlands
“Not thrilled about this place”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking for a burger restaurant to please your kids, this is probably the place to be. However there's little variety in burgers (apart from the name). Bun is flavourless and burger not really served warm. French were served without salt, which is something we appreciate. It's easier to add salt than to get rid off it!They do serve other dishes than burgers though. Mojito had too much sugar in it (at bottom of the glass) and just didn't taste great. Place frequented by lots of people living in the area.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Kailua-Kona, HI
“Solid US style BBQ”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had the buffalo skewer - nice flavor. Fun having cowboy music playing and a bottle of beaujolais in the table

Visited March 2013
St Helens, United Kingdom
“They didn't lasso this cowpoke...”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

right, the place looks good and is on the edge of Ferney voltaire right near the border of Switzerland less than 2 miles from the airport and within 4 miles of Geneva Cornavin station.

you walk in to find the interior kitted out as an American grill diner with appropriate music playing quietly in the background. I was immediately intercepted by the waiter who could speak more than enough English and was seated. The menu was in French but was still very easy to understand. Lots of boeuf.

I chose a bottle of the house rose, for €13/14 it was the cheapest on the menu and rather nice. Chilled water was provided gratis.

I was presented with the menu and a few moments later a small salad bowl and three small bread rolls. I ordered the combo starter, a combination of buffalo wings, onion rings, chilli rolls and something with cheese and vegetable, two of each plus bbq sauce. It was disappointing as all of the items were very small and on a very small plate, the onion rings weren't particularly nice and it just sung 'I've just come from the freezer' at me.

After my starter had settled and I'd got stuck into the wine I ordered the 'assiette trappeur' or trim trapper, a selection of 100g rump steak, 100g bison steak and 100g of caramelised ribs with fries. This was superb, the portions seemed small but the quality was excellent. The waiter seemed surprised but then gave a nod of approval when I ordered the meats blue, they were cooked perfectly and the quality of the bison meat was out of this world (and I'm not a massive steak lover).

After this I enjoyed my wine and my book for about an hour before ordering sorbet for dessert, this too was delicious and flavourful and you got enough for the price unlike some of the other deserts I saw ordered which had a large price on the menu but looked tiny when they came out of the kitchen.

Overall I would say that with the exception of the starter the quality of the food and wine was above average. but then came the bill. Now, I knew that the price was like when I saw the menu but this is were it went wrong for me. I looked on their website and saw that it was a chain and had places all over France, I also assumed that anywhere outside of Geneva would represent comparably good value for money. The bill came to about €50 for a 3-course meal and a bottle of wine which you may think is fine but that's what I'm used to paying for 2 diners back at home.

I would like to make a special mention of the head waiter. he was amazing, the place was about half full and he seemed to be on his own and he handled everything all at once and did it very well, drinks food greeting, clearing and bar, this guy was like the Duracell bunny and everything ran so smoothly you wouldn't believe it.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Kev B
Munich, Germany
“Mangelhaft”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We got 4 bowls of salad as a starter: two of the bowls half full, two with much sauce, one salad with beans the others without. In other words; not well prepared even if preparing a small bowl of salad should be an easy job for a cook?
The kids and teen-menues were all right and good value. The big mountain salad was a disaster. The salad leafs had not been cut, the salad sauce could hardly be found in the plate and the baked potato tasted absolutely awful, like a boiled potato that's been for a week in the fridge. The wine was very good, the service average and the evening was saved by the teen's dessert; donut with icecream and chocolate sauce: wonderful!
Will not visit the place again!