All reviews geneva airport drinking water double bed scrambled eggs affordable hotel close to the airport reception staff clean hotel stayed one night large supermarket kitchenette wellness taxi studio
Reviewed September 16, 2018

This hotel cancelled my room at the very last minute (by automated message, not even a proper e-mail or phonecall), because -supposedly- there were be problems with my creditcard. Which was absolute nonsense!
On top of that: they successfully pre-authorized the payment with my card. But they already gave my room to someone else (probably because they could now offer it for a higher rate as the hotels around Geneva were sold out - but that's just my assumption). As I had to attend a conference in Geneva, it was impossible to find an affordable alternative nearby.. so I was stuck in a very small village, an hour away from the venue.
Don't book with this hotel, highly unreliable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel-cmanager, L'équipe Odalys Ferney Genève at Appart'hotel et Spa Odalys Ferney Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Dear Alyt K.,

We apologize for any inconvenience which you may have experienced in this case. We would however like to point out that our hotel did indeed send several reminder emails for the payment of the stay before arrival. As we never received a response, the reservation was automatically canceled. This is in keeping with our general conditions of sale.

l'équipe Odalys Ferney Genève

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I was staying in the hotel on the 5th of september 2018, and I want to share the experience.
Few problems with the behaivor to clients: first the lady in the reception started to deal with my reservation and suddenly a group came to the hotel and she just told me to wait because she has to take care of the group, I was waiting in the reception with all of my luggage, standing without a key to my room till she finished with the group.
second if you book through one of the websites you have to add to the price tax, I had just a euro bill and I didn't have little change, so in the reception they told me to buy something because they don't have change, I thunk it's not a way to behave.
regarding the maintenance and the cleaning: I had no lights at the entrance of my room and there were no ine to fix it. the shower wasn't clean the door of the shower was broken and there was problem with the drainage system so the water wouldn't go down.
Last thing is that in public transportation it takes almost 45 min to the lake and the city center and there's no close bus station to the hotel.
In general I wouldn't recommend, try to find somewhere else.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Hotel-cmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Appart'hotel et Spa Odalys Ferney Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Benny,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Regarding the city tax, it is an obligatory tax which every guest who is staying in the city must pay, and it is never included in the room rate. Amount of guests staying in the hotel room can always vary, and the charge for the city tax can also be different. That's why you can't prepay by making online reservation city tax in advance. We can assure you that this information is definitely mentioned on Booking.com site and your confirmation.

We do apologise for the delay in check-in. It is very rare that we have the long waiting time. We have also taken note of your comments regarding the issues with the room, bathroom, and the facilities. We wish you had informed us during your stay. Our team is available 24/7 at your service.

Best wishes,

l'équipe Odalys Ferney Genève

Reviewed July 13, 2018

We stayed one night in a studio prior to flying out of Geneva. It was ideal for us, as its close to the airport yet doesn't suffer from too much airplane noise.
The studio had more facilities than we needed for one night's stay but we really appreciated the comfy beds, air con and spacious bathroom. My son and I had a swim in the Wellness Centre's pool, which was relaxing and indulgent after a hot, stressful drive. The secure underground parking was very handy.
The reception staff were super helpful and friendly, particularly Johan. Anyone looking for a hotel near the airport would be well served here.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We senior citizens , while reaching could not find anybody extend help to get our bags from the Taxi
We were at least expecting a days requirement like drinking water and few sachets coffee /Tea , Nothing
We were staying there for 5 days and there were no cleaning of the room , no change of bedsheets , No change oh Bath towels
These properties before hand need to say that we are supposed to bring all these , No international travellers will carry all these???
Room was not clean , no bright lights , could not read ,
Very ordinary breakfast , not so good on quality of food
Eggs are boiled on site and oozing out bad smell
We really had to fight with Managress to at-least give some bath towels after 2 days
We spoiled our holiday after having a great holiday in Malta
Sorry about it ,
Booking .com should have mentioned these things of not providing these services ,

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Good for a stopover awaiting flight from Geneva airport . No tea or coffee supplied. Swimming pool on site. Sauna-quite cold. No jacuzzi. 5 min walk to supermarket. Buffet breakfast adequate . 1 double bed & 1 sofa bed with trundle -suitable for 4 adults. Reception helpful. Free shuttle to airport.

Date of stay: December 2017