“Good for a budget stay in Geneva”

Appart'hotel et Spa Odalys Ferney Geneve
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Odalys is much cheaper than staying in Geneva and you get everything you need for your stay to be comfortable. It is definitely not a luxury hotel - the fittings and furniture are all cheap and poorly installed but they do the job and for a couple of nights its fine - clean and reasonably comfortable. The bathroom has these space-age looking showers but its all gadget and no function - I'd rather have a simple shower that worked well than a gadget that does nothing particularly well. This actually sums up a lot of the hotel - form over function but the form is very cheap and a little tacky.

It was useful to have a full kitchenette, there's a cooker, microwave, fridge and basin with utensils and crockery.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

The location is a little unusual - it felt a little like the hotel was in the middle of a deserted office development - none of the buildings around the hotel appeared to be used.

The fitness centre was not very impressive - its exceptionally hot, the rowing machine slides across the floor with every stroke making unusable and the running machine had a mind of its own (it kept resetting the incline to 0%).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 30, 2013

In the context of Geneva this place is relatively good value. In the context of the wider world, of course, like everything in or near Switzerland, it is a total rip off.

We spent one month here when we first moved to Geneva. Unfortunately for us the place had recently opened which meant lots of the facilities were not available, there was noise and dust from the building work and things were constantly breaking. We had a few issues with the staff - the reception staff were sometimes surly (some were lovely so it just depended) and the cleaners left a lot to be desired.

The kitchenette was very small and obviously not very practical. Overall we liked the contemporary decor and the rooms are a reasonable size. In the context of the region, overall, it's not bad. Hopefully now all of the teething issues have been sorted (I must mention that the handyman they employ was excellent at fixing our numerous problems) and the facilities you are paying for will actually be available(!). In my opinion they opened the place much too early when they weren't really ready to and the guests suffered. They really should have offered a lower price to guests at that period in time but as you quickly learn in this part of the world, value for money and customer service are not their strong point, to say the least....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have travelled a lot in my life,but it was a wonderful experience to stay in a four star hotel,every room has fitted kitchen.Bathroom had different gadgets,unbelievable.It is suited for tourist, travelling in a car.Room was brilliant,very clean.Hotel reception was 24/7 and very courteous, smiling,helpful service.
The only draw back is that there was no dinning facility.They serve only breakfast.

Room Tip: Suitable for travellers with own transport
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I don't usually fill in these reviews but my experience of this place was excellent - and I have stayed at more 5 star hotels in my time than most. I was though nearly put off staying at the hotel after reading the bad reviews but am so pleased I ignored them. Very helpful staff, excellent rooms for the price - we had a family suite - and the bonus of a very nice swimming pool, gym and sauna for a just an extra 2 euros each and that was to pay for the flip flops.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eurocanon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent 4 nights here and would definitely make use of it again. The staff were excellent and the service was good. The first room I had wasn't particularly good but they changed it straight away. I would have given it 5 points if it weren't for that problem. Good value if you are doing work in Geneva and don't want to pay Geneva prices for the stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I don't usually fill in these reviews but my experience of this place was dreadful. Our flight had been canceled so we booked to stay here via an external website. When we arrived there was just one person on the desk (the night porter) who really didn't know what he was doing. He said he couldn't give us a room until he had confirmation from the external website even though we had an email with the confirmation to show him. There were other people in the same position as us who were sleeping on the sofas in reception. He simply didn't know how to use the system. After about 2 hours of not being given keys to a room (at 1am) we went next door to the park and suites hotel where the service was 1000 times better. My advice is to go there or somewhere else instead.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phil S
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Travelling by car and wanting to visit Geneva on our way, Odalys Ferney Voltaire was the perfect catch to keep the budget down and to enjoy a 4 star service. I checked many Geneva hotels, but the prices were 3 to 10 times higher. On the other hand, Ferney Voltaire is only 10 to 15 minutes from Geneva's cente, car drive ( I didn't have any trouble to park the car in the streets).
The apartments we got for only 112 Euros per night was very spacious with equipped kitchenette, suitable for longer or business stays. The staff are very helpfull and professional, the wi fi worked perfectly and the parking outside the hotel's entrance is free.
The village of Ferney Voltaire is quite charming by the way, with nice restaurants and shops located in the main street
I would defenitely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tevot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferney-Voltaire
1 mi away
Citadines Geneva Ferney-Voltaire
Citadines Geneva Ferney-Voltaire
#3 of 9 in Ferney-Voltaire
Appart'City Geneve Gaillard

Been to Appart'hotel et Spa Odalys Ferney Geneve? Share your experiences!