“Overall quite disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were attracted by the nice terrace in a patio away from the street and the nice decor and decided to try this Indian place about 20 min away from Geneva. Nice and warm evening, should be perfect. I wasn't though. The terrace hold its promises but both the food, very average, and the service, poor, almost rude were not up to our expectations. We had a chicken vindaloo (mild and a piece of untasty white chicken just soaked in the sauce) and a vegetarian tali that was quite ok but not served on a tali dish and consisting of only 4 items. All this for a rather hefty final check. Not a scandal, but definitely not worth the detour.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed our evening at the Karishma Lounge and were happy that we had made a reservation since as it was a warm evening, the outdoor dining area quickly filled up. For starters we ordered onion bhajis and vegetable samosas and for our main meals we chose curried chickpeas and curried vegetables, rice with onions and garlic naans all of which were delicious. The service was prompt though agree with other reviewers that the staff are a little on the rude side but perhaps that has something to do with a lack of knowledge of the host country's language! Once we switched to the English language with the waiter who served us, he became very friendly and we even shared a joked with him. This was our second trip to the Karishma and we will definitely go again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was ok - i really liked the 'entrée', very tasty. I had a lamb tikka massala which was not the best I have had and I will not get that again. The dessert, indian riz au lait was very good.
The service was very bad and very rude. The waiters have no sense of customer orientation, they were fast and efficient, no problem there, but no smiles, no attention and I hadn't finished a nan that they were taking it from the table! I thought it was rude.
My husband had ice cream for dessert - no cookie or extra something, just plain ice-cream - even that was rude.
I will not go back

3  Thank Ilovetotravel155
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We popped across the French border to eat dinner here whilst on a business trip in Geneva on the recommendation of a local colleague who had eaten here many times before. His recommendation of vindaloo hot butter chicken was great! we ordered a mixture of starters and nan breads to begin and it was all washed down with Kingfisher lager. Compared to Indian food in the UK it probably isn't as good - but compared to Indian food I've had in other parts of France it was very good! The restaurant seemed to be full of expats - probably living it up on fat expat wages - so the relatively high cost of the meal here wouldn't put them off!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you are a true Indian food lover, better avoid this place.
Reception is awful, gives you the impression that you have interrupted the peaceful life of their waiters. Interior is very dark with heavy uncomfortable furniture.
Thali is a bad option as cost quality ratio is poor.
All the dishes we tried tasted similar. Chicken was rubbery, veggies looked dejected. Presentation was poor too.
Service was very poor. The most arrogant waiters I have seen in any place. Constantly touching their hair or digging their noses. My kids refused to eat when they saw what the waiters were doing with their hands while chatting with each other and ignoring the tables.
What a waste of money.