We stayed for 3 days of business meetings staying overnight with the meeting room package. Absolutely stunning views and the chateau is beautiful in an old world charming kind of way. Some of the inside is in need of a bit of modernising and it did feel a bit twee but I quite liked that. The outside terrace where you can sit and have a drink overlooking Mont Blanc is very special. I found the location useful with it being a short ride from Geneva Airport and good value for money compared to the higher prices of meeting packages in Geneva. I was happy with my spacious room and nice touches of chocolates etc left, however some colleagues weren't very happy that they didn't have a window. So I would look out for this. The large meeting room we hired was down in the cellar it was atmospheric and full of character. It had small windows so a little dark when in there for a few days but there are other rooms you can hire upstairs. The bar is good as the night porter happily kept it open till the early hours. On balance we were quite a demanding lot but we did need the flexibility for our meetings so the staff didn't always see eye to eye with us. We were in fact met with quite a bit attitude at times, which I didn’t expect with how much business we were bringing. Although they probably required a lot more notice for things due to French employee/work rules and some of the staff were great but some others not so. It's ok for having very formal meetings if you don't require flexibility and everything is set in stone or if you’re passing through and fancy a romantic break, in that respect having also stayed elsewhere in the area. I'd say the Chateau is probably the best place to stay in Divonne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant XVIIIth century castle is 15 kilometers from Geneva, between Lake Geneva and the Jura, close to the casino, golf and fitness center. This hotel, relaxing and gastronomic stage in the heart of a park, enchant nature lovers with its breathtaking panorama of the Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva. In the dining room of the Chateau de Divonne, you will enjoy the special atmosphere of a beautiful family home converted into a restaurant. Authentic floors, fresco by Jean Debaub representing the banks dreamed of Lake Divonne in the romantic style, family portraits, soft colors combine to create a rare setting near Geneva. The dining room "Duchess Vendôme" is located on the ground floor, windows provide light and stunning views of the mountains. From the first lovely days, the terrace facing Mont Blanc chain is very appreciated for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Chateau de Divonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Divonne Hotel Divonne-Les-Bains
- Le Chateau De Divonne Hotel
- Chateau De Divonne Divonne-Les-Bains, Ain, France