“Lovely staff, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Vinci

Da Vinci
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Da Vinci plunges you into the heart of Divonne-les-Bains. The terrace extends along the central square and you take full advantage of this special area. Ideally located in South-East, the first ray of sun is for you! The kitchen at Da Vinci is a wide variety to offer each type of its favorite food, uncompromising: entries but entry-fish are offered a la carte for your pleasure and the chef will make even the entry The Da Vinci if you ask him to surprise you! Then, pastas and risottos and meat and fish served with vegetables of the day are a great choice that will make your time at a moment of Da Vinci tasting and relaxing and memorable. The Da Vinci.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Lovely staff, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I came for a midweek dinner with a friend. The staff were very friendly but not intrusive. The food was good (prawns and a steak). They made a real effort with my dessert - I asked whether the sundae came with the hot dark chocolate sauce and although I'm not sure it would ordinarily they made it for me and it was delicious!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Bland food and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food lacks any seasoning and service was very poor. I would not recommend it. It was a quiet night when we were there, but service was terrrible.

Visited July 2013
Gex, France
“Friendly and warm staff but disappointing Italian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Service: A little slow because there were only 2 wait staff serving a total of about 15 tables. They were very good and polite and welcoming to say the least so service was good but slow... they did their best keeping in mind staff to tables ratio.

Food: Having lived in Italy for 10 years... I guess we could not help but expect the same standards since the chefs were suppose to be Italians.
Pasta dishes were TOO al dente... spaghetti was literally too crunchy and my tagliatelle dish was way too dry. When I pick up the tagliatelle, the whole dish came up in a clump.
Frutti de Mare: Sea food pieces and veggies came out soggy and oily so very disappointed.

Value: If you are not fussy and picky about authentic Italian food or if you had never been to Italy before and eaten the real deal... you'd be satisfied. We found the drinks over priced with any order of coffee/tea at €6.
€150 for a couple... we were disappointed but can see others who have not eaten the real deal enjoying the place.

Atmosphere: The restaurant has a very warm and inviting feel with up to date modern decor. Clean and but tables were a little close to each other... if I lifted my elbows at 90 degrees and the other diner at the other table did it at the same time, we would have touched.

Would we go back again? No... not just for the nice and great service staff....

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paris, France
“An italian restaurant that does not know how to do pasta”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My third time here yesterday. The two first times (about a year ago) were pretty ok. Not a fantastic restaurant, but ok. Yesterday was so disappointing. My friend and I had pasta...and for the two of us the pasta were far too cooked... I could eat mine, but my friend really could not so she had to ask for another plate. Bill of the meal 76 euros for awful pasta, and not even a gesture from the restaurant. Terrible. I will never ever go back. If you can try to avoid, please do!!! And that s a shame because the place is actually pretty nice...BUT they dont have a proper chef.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Great Italian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend this restaurant, especially the lasagna! It's amazing! Wine list was extensive, and we had a delicious bottle of Montepulciano, which is my favorite! Much prefer this restaurant to some of the others in the area. I travel to this area for business often, and visit Da Vinci every time. Service is friendly, although not expeditious. Plan on being at the restaurant for a while, but its worth it! Dessert was delicious!