See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Booked L’Hermitage after my usual BLB hotel was full for a short 3 night, 3 days ski family break.
We know BLB well having stayed there for the last 15 years so are used to the limited places to eat & drink, not that we find that an issue at all.
Anyway the hotel was a great surprise. I have walked past it so many times and not really given it a second look however we really couldn’t fault anything.
We had a twin and a double. Both rooms were warm, of good size with large bathrooms and comfy beds.
Plenty of hot water and a good shower. Some of the other reviews say different about the water and showers but we were very happy.
Safe & TV (only French channels) and good WiFi.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice in a nice breakfast room.
Manageress was very friendly and helpful making arrangements for our late check-in and a room to shower and change on our last day after skiing.
BLB is a great place for reasonable 3V skiing. This hotel is definitely worth a stay.
Would I return? Yes and I probably will.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Very well located, spacious room, very clean and extremely welcoming people running the hotel. Affordable option near Courchevel.
Breakfast was very good and rooms were just great.
Will definitely go back next skiing season

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2017

I had an excellent 2 night stay here, the cost of which enabled me to be able to ski the 3 Vallees. My room was very warm, spotlessly clean and cosy with an extremely comfortable bed. As the shower over the bath was under the eaves and couldn't be hooked up, showering wasn't as easy as it could be but it was a good excuse to have a good soak in the bath.

The breakfast buffet was very comprehensive with plenty of choice, a good start to the morning. I ate in the restaurant one evening going for the tartiflette, which was excellent. Would definitely recommend eating here even if you're not staying.

The best surprise was the owner offering me use of my room after I came off the slopes on my second day so I didn't have to drive back to Montpellier without a shower. Very much appreciated. The husband and wife team are very friendly and helpful and it feels like staying in someone's home.

Everything is close by, the lift to Meribel, although it is uphill, ski rental shops, Spar, restaurants and bars. Brides-les-Bains is a quiet, small spa town but if you want affordable skiing in one of the world's largest resorts, it's definitely worth a visit even with the extra 30 minute gondola ride.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I stayed here with my two teenagers, for skiing in the 3 valleys in Feb 2017. Overall, this hotel is highly recommended as great value for your money. You do need to take into account the few cons that I will mention, but overall, it's a great place.

Pros:
The hotel is lovely, really! The few problems I am describing in the cons section are something to take into account, but are not really spoilers of the vacation.

Staff is extremely nice. Husband and wife, and the hotel feels very welcoming as a result.
The room is very clean and cozy, with very comfortable beds that are extremely rewarding after a day of skiing.

There's a great massage chair as part of the amenities. You will never quite appreciate a good massage chair until you've experienced one after a full day skiing on the mountain.

Cons:
Water current was very weak. Taking a shower wasn't fun. Also, hot water in the shower was more like warm water, especially during the evenings. Taking a shower after a day of skiing was really not an enjoyable experience sometimes.

The amenities are very basic. Jacuzzi is not in the facility itself, but outside somewhere. Sauna has to be turned on, and you have to wait about an hour for it to get sufficiently warm, which makes the whole thing useless if it hadn't been turned on before you show up (had 1 evening out of 4 that this actually happened)

Please take into account that getting from the hotel door to your first slope takes at least 40 minutes - around 5 minutes walking to the gondola, 25 minutes on the Gondola that takes you to Meribelle center, 5 minutes walking to the next Gondola of your choice, that takes another 10 minutes to get to the beginning of a slope (all this, of course, is reflected in the relatively cheap price for this good hotel).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2012

if you want a good, clean but basic and cheap stay for a cheap ski vacation, the l'hermitage is then recommendable.
A cable car is located at 100 meters and will take you in 30 minutes to Meribel from where you can reach all the slopes in les 3 vallées.
The cable car starts 30 minutes before the slopes opens and closes 30 minutes after the slopes closes, so you don't have to mis a minute.

Date of stay: February 2012