“Good seafood”

La Taverne de Maitre Kanter
Ranked #97 of 176 Restaurants in Annemasse
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Toute l'équipe de la Taverne sera heureuse de vous accueillir 7j/7 de midi à minuit. La Taverne de Maître Kanter installée en plein centre-ville d'Annemasse près de Genève vous propose ses services pour vous servir de nombreux plats fait maison. Les Choucroutes et Spécialités Alsaciennes font partie des incontournables de notre Brasserie, mais nous vous proposons aussi des Poissons cuit vapeur, des Poissons servis meunière comme la Féra, la Sole ou la Perche, des Plateaux de Fruits de Mer, le Homard entier. Égalant la perfection des poissons, nous vous suggérons aussi nos Viandes Charolaises, notre Tartare de Bœuf, le Steak haché Charolais frais. Voici quelques exemples de prix :Plat du Jour 9,50 € / Formules de 15,80 à 23,50 € /Menu enfants 6.70 € Nous avons aussi diverses Pâtisseries, comme notre Tarte du Jour, le Cèpe de Savoie au Chocolat, la Crème Brûlée à la Vanille Bourbon, la Crème Caramel traditionnelle.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good food. Service a bit slow but kind enough waiters. My father didn't like the kidneys, but all seafood and beef tartare were excellent.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A party of 4 of us went after a business meeting and we were all extremely impressed by the quality and quantity of the food.

There is an excellent choice of fish and seafood, one of my coleages had the beef that was cooked perfectly.

The food was well presented and served promptly.

Great restaurant, I will definately be back again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The meal started off strange enough, having to wait 10 minutes to get a menu after being seated. We ordered a bottle of water that the waiter brought quickly enough while we looked at the menu, but we had to go to the bar and get our own glasses since he did not bother to bring them.

After a long wait, he showed back up for the order and the food came very quickly. The choucroute was not bad, but when I cut into the Nuremberger bratwurst, it was a bright pink medium rare. I asked the waiter, but he said this was normal. I had to pass on a medium rare pork wurst.

Overall, bad service and dodgy food. A sad showing for a restaurant.

2  Thank William H
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a birthday party organized there, unfortunately most guests arrival was delayed (car break down), the manager and waiter adjusted and synchronized the whole dinner perfectly so that all dishes were promptly served once the guests arrived. They kindly accepted the dog and provided a bowl of water. The see food was excellent, the suggested wine advised by the manager perfectly matched the meal. The service is professional and the personnel smiling.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went to this little restaurant under suggestion of a collegue of mine. The restaurant was the only open in Annemasse at 10 pm. The atmosphere could be improved as the interior design is really out-of date. The service is really quick and the waiters are really efficient. The food is good, my collegues ordered a beef tartare while I ordered i "filet de beof au poivre". The meat was excellent and perfectly cooked but the suprise was that it is prepared in front of us. I suggest this restaurant to everyone and for sure I'll be back soon!