Where better to stay in the famous Roman town of Vaison-la-Romaine than L’Eveche in the medieval quarter of Vaison la Romaine? L’Eveche, almost hidden under the vines is about as authentic of a French B&B you could ever imagine!
First of all, there’s the building, a former bishop’s residence from the 17th century that has been renovated into a series of lovely sitting rooms with 3 bedrooms and 2 suites and a huge dining room and study. Then there are the owners, Aude and Jean-Loup who could not be more charming and dashing if they came right out of a book.
Jean-Loup is intent on making every guest feel perfectly at home and will provide just the right amount of help that you need during your stay. When he gave us a tour of the house, I paid strict attention to the directions to get to/from my room as I envisioned being lost in the endless labyrinth of rooms at L’Eveche. Our room was small, basic and simple, with million dollar views of the Luberon and the old town of Vaison la Romaine.
There are fans, but no air conditioning in the rooms. Vaison la Romaine is a wonderful town that begs to be explored. When I return, I will plan to spend a long weekend here and explore the surrounding hill towns and the Roman ruins. Life is slow here, with market day the highlight of the week. Exactly my pace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B in the old bishop's hotel of Vaison la romaine. The guesthouse has 3 rooms and two suites in the old quarter of Vaison la romaine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your L'Eveche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Eveche Hotel Vaison-La-Romaine
- L'Eveche Vaison-La-Romaine, Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur, France