“A true delight”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A true delight”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My niece, mother and I did a ladies trip to Provence and decided a cooking class was in order. We booked with Barbara and we are so glad we did. She is a great instructor and an extremely charming and entertaining lady. And her home is to die for! GAH! We made several Provencal dishes and they were all delicious but easy recipes you can do at home. Barbara's husband also joined us for dessert. He was thoroughly charming as well. What a great day!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank chaki

Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If you cook, you must do this!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although it has been almost a year since two friends and I attended Barbara's cooking school, I still think about it. It was a super day, one of our best experiences in Provence. The setting of Barbara's home and land were just what we thought southern France would be. And the instruction and food were fabulous! Plus, Barbara saved my life (literally) and got me into the local hospital when it was thought I had a serious problem with my leg. I cannot say enough about our experiences that day which included a side trip to the ruins and to a wine co-op, both orchestrated by Barbara. We all have such fond memories. And the recipes to boot!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Janet S
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were 4 friends that attended Barbara's cooking class yesterday at her beautiful home in Vaison la Romaine. We really enjoyed the cooking and were able to take the leftovers back to share with our other friends at our rented villa.
We will for sure be cooking the great dishes when we get home to Vancouver.
At our lunch in the beautiful garden, Barbara gave us great advice about restaurants etc. in the area.
Thank you for making our trip to Vaison extra special.

Visited September 2012
9 Thank Bjjensen
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bon appetit!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Three friends and I enjoyed a wonderful day visiting with Barbara and creating a delicious lunch. Barbara is a lovely host, she knows her way around the kitchen and is a skilled instructor for those wanting to learn some easy but scrumptious Provencal recipes. Truly a hands-on experience - we were there less than 5 minutes when she had us in aprons and in the kitchen working to create our wonderful meal. (Alas, we left her with all the dishes to wash!) Indeed a highlight of our time in the Provence area, I would recommend a visit to Barbara's kitchen and beautiful home in Vaison-la-Romaine. Bon appetit!

Visited June 2012
5 Thank GenieC
Farmington Hills, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A unique souvenir of Provence”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

To me, the best souvenir from a trip is being able to recreate at home the tastes of meals we have enjoyed. That's one reason taking Barbara's cooking class was the perfect way to bring a little more of Provence home with us. This was also the first time both of us took a class together, and it was a great success. I couldn't believe that in two hours we prepared six wonderful dishes, all hands-on. We enjoyed the company of one other couple who cooked along with us, and with whom we shared a leisurely lunch afterwards on Barbara's beautiful terrace. Barbara really has this organized and hasn't neglected a detail. Rather than preparing a multi-course meal, we got six dishes that can be mixed and matched with other things in many ways. Recipes are presented in a nice folder, and aprons (different for ladies and gents) are another souvenir. Each time we revisit these recipes for family and friends we'll remember a lovely time spent in Provence.

Visited June 2012