“Won't return in a hurry” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Le Leonardo

Restaurant Le Leonardo
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Won't return in a hurry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant has great pretensions but failed to deliver as far as we were concerned.
The maitre d' is a very odd fellow who is either very shy or very arrogant. We couldn't work put which.
The food was OK but our main issue was that whatever we had was very oily. From the Salad that was sloshing in so much oil that, because we sat outside on the sloping road, it nearly spilled back out of the plate in to my wife's lap to the pan fried tuna. All too greasy for us.
Not good value at €90 for 2 courses and a carafe of rosé.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChelseaBlue66

“Very nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had a nice meal with my wife here in lovely Vaison. Location is great. Food was good. my wife choose the pasta linguine which was excellent. I took the lamb, also good, but I could have eaten more. Prices are a bit on the high side. Very nice starter and desert. I would recommend. Service was good except they hurried us to leave when we were done.

• Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Exceptional Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

have you had food so good you'd cry? that was the experience I had when I went here. the atmosphere setting was an intimate one and the maitre'd is warm and friendly. the chef, who reminds me of John Galliano, is an artist. the dish St Jacques Poelees au Vinaigre Balsamique is exquisite and a must try as the appetizer. the accompanying lamb entre and chocolate fondant lived up the expectation of the appetizer and tasted great as well. the entire experience was a religious one and paints you a story like the Sistine Chapel.

• Visited May 2012
Funchal, Portugal
“Food excellent, prices exhorbitant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Really very good Italian food, but service only just what it should be, considering the prices. The maitre d' can be very moody, warm and welcoming one day and cranky the next.
And we found the prices truly exhorbitant. So we have stopped going there, even though we live near.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank mollandaise
united kingdom
“Wonderful Italian place in Vaison!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I like everything about this place, the setting, decor, food, wine and service. Nothing to complain about - prices just about ok too. Book ahead in busy times.

Visited August 2011