Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
kathryn_mccoll
Winchester
via mobile
Lovely time horse riding for all abilities

Visited Les Arnelles this morning for a two hour group ride on the Camargue horses. We had a great... read more

Reviewed May 31, 2018
9193benjaminb
Ipswich, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews experienced riders horse riding hour ride nice ride camargue horses beginners serge les wildlife abilities flamingos bulls nature trotted lakes cantering
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The first of our two 2-hour Camargue rides was with Les Arnelles. Staff seemed a little unfriendly at first but once mounted and underway Stephanie was lovely and friendly.

Horses seemed happy and well trained, though one did take off on the beach with a beginner on board when cantering - please don’t overestimate your ability to cope when horses get a bit excited! Those who didn’t want to canter went first in a controlled trot with Stephanie so the group cantering could then ride to the group.

The ride was through shallow lakes, across beaches and we saw camargue bulls and flamingos alongside other wildlife.

Well worth the cost (much cheaper than UK) though in summer the beaches are probably packed which may detract from the experience. Even in October there were rides everywhere you looked: not a place to ride alone.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we were not impressed by of the tour. The nature is beautiful, the horses gentle and well treated, but as experienced riders, two hours walking in one line, 30 sec of galop and troting is quiet a disappointment especially because it was said very clearly that there Would be plenty of it. This kind of riding might be an experience for beginners.

2  Thank Susanne C
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Visited Les Arnelles this morning for a two hour group ride on the Camargue horses. We had a great time.

Arrived slightly late due to traffic but this was not a problem, we were still made to feel very welcome (after giving our apologies). The group was made up of five people, two of which were of experienced ability and were given the option to go off and gallop on a couple of occasions whilst the lesser experienced trotted. Silvie, the leader was very good, trying to give us insight into the area. She did not speak much English (much better than my French) but the main points were clear and we got the jist of what she was saying.

We rode through the marshes, some shallow waters and had a ride on the beach, which was wonderful. There was a photographer who take some lovely pictures whilst on the ride. All of the horses were very well behaved, well looked after and I would certainly go back and recommend a visit to anyone.

Thanks for a lovely day morning and ticking off one on my bucket list.

Louise

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Took a one hour ride seeing Nature and fauna. Friendly and helpful staff, also for the les experienced riders. Well kept horses.

1  Thank Christensen25
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Booked an 2 hour ride for 6 beginner adults. As we have 2 young children with us, I check with them if there is also pony rides while waiting, and they confirmed via email that there is. They also confirmed that there is a English speaking guide.

When we reach there, there is only 1 person at the counter, and a ladies in her 50s , the guide, who can't speak a word of English. While we understand that French is their mother tongue, but they should have promised us an English speaking guide if they don't have any.

While the adults went on their rides, no one is left in the ranch. Saw a lady staff walking her dog, asked her about the pony ride, she just say 'No' , another false promise.

While the rest of the adults went on the the ride, the lady guide was smoking in front while riding her horse. Very little care was taken to ensure safety of the riders as well.

One of the worse experience ever. I will strongly advised against visiting.

I have a copy of the email with the empty promises if they ever dare to dispute.

Jimmy

6  Thank Jimmy L
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful nature and nice ride but mostly - walk. Only 2 short sprints were allowed during 2 h ride. We saw lots of flamingos and the lady - guide - was very nice. Spoke some English too. The stable is adjacent to a very nice hotel that offered us great breakfast and lunch ( extra cost ). The ride was really interesting but for me and my colleague way to slow. We wanted to trot and canter more which was not allowed. Same day we also went to another stable and after both rides Les Arnelles turned out to be better experience. Nature, the views were really sth special. For us everything was great except the speed of the ride witch did not meet our expectations. I am sure that for people who ride only a little bit this trip would have been amazing. We hv visited the place at the end of July.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Nice place to stay if you head to Saintes Maries. Small but confortable rooms. Great breakfast by the pool. only point = single dinner menu so no choice in case you have issues....but then so many other options inside the Village !

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

My two children (10 & 12) and I did the 3 hour tour for confirmed riders. I was a bit concerned before the ride about the ability of my youngest when the monitor, Cindy, said that the group will gallop a good part of the ride. We nearly decided to cancel the 3 hour ride for the 2 hour ride which is more suited for all levels of riders. Fortunately they were all booked and we had no choice but to do the 3 hours with Cindy. So glad we did it. My kids cannot stop talking about this. We got to see A LOT of the natural environment of the Camarque that you cannot easily do without a horse. We stopped at many points along the ride and Cindy gave a lot of interesting information on the surroundings (in French and as much English as she could courageously muster, I help her a bit being bilingual myself). Best of all for my children was being able to ride on the Camarque horses (in full gallop) in the natural environment. That is something they simply cannot stop talking about.

1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed June 26, 2017

During my 2 week stay in Camargue I went for several tours with Les Arnelles. A couple of them were managed by Crin Blanc instead (next to les Arnelles). I am an experienced rider and horses were distributed based on experience. All the horses I got were nice and well behaved. The tours managed by les Arnelles themselves were however of higher quality than those managed by Crin Blanc (with exception for Stephanie who was a great guide too). The tours allowed us to see the black bulls, flamingos and nice surroundings. The 3 h tour for experienced riders, managed by les Arnelles, was great with nice gallops along the beach!

1  Thank Sofia M
Reviewed May 27, 2017

This was the first time in my life on a horse (at the age of 64!) So I much appreciated that Serge, our guide, was very helpful, and more importantly that these were delightful horses for a beginning rider, calm and considerate. We were delighted to learn that the horses live and roam free in Camargue during the winter months. A great experience, really!

1  Thank 586ian