All reviews owners and staff great hotel place to stay la meije mezzanine floor wine list nice bar hotel room bike storage single room breakfast and dinner french alps rooms are comfortable enjoyable stay ski lift great food and wine robin
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019

I've stayed there three times now in the last 5 years and I'm already looking forward to my next visit. The Hotel Auberge Edelweiss has real character and makes for a cosy base from which to go out and explore all the skiing options.

The staff and owners are all friendly and approachable with nothing being too much trouble.

Rooms are comfortable and the wifi signal is strong and reliable no matter where you are.

There's always a good selection on the menu in the restaurant with swift and friendly service to match.

I just love the cosy bar though. Whether it's apres, pre dinner drinks or several nightcaps, the bar always seems to draw me in.

Many thanks yet again to Marlon and Robin for another very enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2019

We were staying for a week's skiing - the breakfast and evening meals were included.
Location is good.
Ski and boot room on ground floor which is very helpful.
Breakfast basic but perfectly adequate.
Evening meals were pretty good - the wine however were not good value (generally 30 Euros/bottle) for the quality.
Bedroom is simply appointed but as expected - the bed was very comfortable - I had a single room with a double which suited me.
Wifi was non-existent - which didn't bother me actually.
The host however spent his evenings regaling the willing and unwilling with his opinions and on how incredibly talented he is, taking very little interest in his guests. But worst of all one of his waiting staff knocked over some glasses that she was returning to the bar one evening and he angrily shouted at her in front of everyone in the bar - much to our embarrassment. I spoke to the girl shortly afterwards and she said that this was normal. I thought this was disgusting behaviour.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

This was my first visit to La Grave and I booked this hotel on the basis of the reviews I had read. It certainly didn’t disappoint with excellent service, (the owners Robin and Marlon are friendly, very helpful and always accessible), great food and a wonderful and extensive wine list. The rooms are well equipped and the beds extremely comfortable which made my stay all the more enjoyable. Travelling alone it was great that the hotel was so friendly and it has a nice bar right next to the restaurant area as well. La Grave is a small village but the main road gets quite busy so it’s good that the hotel is set a street back from the main road. (Its the only hotel that is!). This means that at night it is very peaceful and quiet which makes it very easy to get to sleep. The views in the morning of La Meije are awesome and its a very short 3 min walk down to the ski lift. I will definitely return again and am already looking forward to my next stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 490neilj
Reviewed September 22, 2018

The view, the food, the service, is excellent. When I arrived after a long day of cycling in the French Alps, Robin warmly greeted me and assured my that the hotel would not run out of beer. If that wasn't enough, it even got better. The menu was diverse with a great variety of choices. And then, the food was outstanding. Not unexpected, but nice none the less.
Room was well appointed with an awesome view.
You can't go wrong with staying at the Auberge Edelweiss.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Marlon-and-Robin, Gérant at Hotel Auberge Edelweiss, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Wow, so many compliments! Thank you, CycleTime, for all the wonderfull words. It really feels good to read that all the efforts we put in welcoming our guests, the service, the food, the rooms has not gone unnoticed. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you with us another time with another cold beer (...still running... ;-))
Robin & Marlon

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We spent three nights in early July at Auberge Edelweiss. Our room was spacious under the eaves and included a single bed in the loft which we did not use. From the ground floor terrace terrific views can be had of the glaciers of the Meiji massif. The views are mesmerizing and ever changingand can be enjoyed over morning coffee or evening drinks or a meal. The hosts are extremely helpful, giving good advice on walks. Most guests are cyclists and keen to tell you about their exploits — all good camaderie!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Marlon-and-Robin, Gérant at Hotel Auberge Edelweiss, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Thanks Mark for your nice review.
We feel indeed very privileged to wake up every morning with this beautiful view!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and maybe we'll see you here again some day.
Cheers