“disappointing - tying to be fancy”
Review of Jilali B

Jilali B
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

after a long day travel in the Reviera, we were hopping for a nice quality restaurant. we were sitted in an area for 2.5 hours!, for 3 course meal. amazing slow. between first and main course we waited 35 minutes! there was no lights, just one very poor remote street light (we were outside), TONS of bugs (all kind -, white things crawling over the table...,). the food does not meet the payment. the fish soup was a blend mix, not traditional, and it tasted like undercooked (even raw), both my son and i could not eat it. The restaurant did not even offer to replace it with a different first dish, they just kept on pushing bread... the Risotto was fair, with a tasty mushrooms on top. Main course - the sward fish was fine, the other fish served was tasteless. overall, i do not provide such reviews. but me and my family were really disappointed. overly prices, bad service, food that is trying to be sophisticated, but remotely near a $$$ restaurant.

2  Thank Ethanhadar

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was looking for a nice french restaurant to take a middle age american couple. Our sightseeing drive along the sea from Nice was to bring us to Cannes around lunch time. After checking out all the restaurants listed on some french sites I realized that I couldn't combine great food, reasonable price and stunning view. I stumbled upon Jilali B which Jilali opened 2 years ago. Their website is well done and what you see is what you will get ! I did look up his Resume which indicates he has cooked with some of the best french Chefs. This becomes obvious when the food is brought out and tasted. At the table we had 2 x 35 € menus and one 49 €. We all had different dishes (see menus on the website) and were delighted to see what was brought out.
The portions are of medium quantity so don't be surprised but are a delicacy. The service was OK but will have to go up to meet the Cuisine standards and enable the restaurant to get a higher recognition in the guides. For information the local french internet sites rating restaurants are showing the highest rating for Jilali based on a significant number of reviews.
I would like to mention the beautiful view on the small bay and port from the terrace where we ate.
In summary my Excellent rating is for the Food/Price/View combination.
Tip: It was quite hot on the terrace with little breeze from the sea. I gather it is at least partially due to the glass panes protecting the terrace from the noise of a few cars passing by on the road below. SO for lunch check out the temperature or sit in the air-conditioned dining room.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Excellent 5 star service, with waiters inter-changing and dealing with our table efficiently and without fuss. Food was high standard French cuisine. Was our best culinary experience on the Cote D'Azur. Recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had dinner and we were pleased with their menu choices and overall experience. I had an excellent truffle risotto followed by a very tasty sword fish. Prices are quite honest and the service professional.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Food excellent. Service was efficient- without a smile or gesture - or a "Merci". The French foreign legion would have done better in terms of empathy. Theanager didn't want to know. Won't be back - and I will pass on the message to my friends

1  Thank Alanpm