“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Ramatuelle
Prague, Czech Republic
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

I strongly recommend to avoid Hotel Epi-Plage. We wanted to stay there 3 days, paid EUR 340 a night and were expecting a decent seaside resort. I fact there were seven old wooden cottages next to a swimming pool. Our cottage was a bit smelly with various insect scrawling on the floor. There were no other facilities. We were also complaining about the missing service at the hotel, however the hotel manager did not care at all. The only advantage was the location of the hotel directly on the coast. We left after 1 night because we did not want to spoil out French holiday. As we paid for the accommodation in advance, the hotel refused to pay anything back to us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank rouckova
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Oh, I am so sorry to know that my place was a nightmare to you and I hope I can receave you in a much better condition. Beleave me my gol is to satifaite my guests.

Looking forward to see you again.

Kide regards.
Shahla Mauch-Deyhim

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
martinez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were there the first of Sept for 3 nights. We thought everyone would worked there were very friendly. Our cottage was older but was taken care of quite well. It is very expensive in the St Tropez area but this is idea location if you want to spend most of your time on the beach. We rented a car in Nice and was glad we had it. Sometime you don't want to walk 3 miles to get to the other end of the beach. When we got there we had lunch right over the hill on the beach at Jumeaux. It was too expensive but quite good. We came back to the hotel and then enjoyed their wonderful relaxing pool. Later we walk the beach to check out all the beach clubs and see what one we would want to rent chairs from. That night was Saturday and you could really hear the music from Nikki Beach across the street. I really like that kind of music so I thought it was cool but it closes at 8 if you don't. That night we drove down the beach and they had some live music playing on one of the beach restaurants so we eat there. It was pretty good. The service was slow like everywhere we went in France. We were never in a hurry so it didn't matter to us. The next day we decided just to lay on our towel instead paying for a chair. We ate lunch Le Lagon on the beach and really like our waiter and had great mussels it seems more reasonable price then some of the others. Went back to our hotel to relax by our great pool. Later we went to Nikki Beach across the way. It wasn't as loud as it was Saturday, but it was still kinda wild and fun to watch the people in the pool. We just sat at the table drank and watched. Later that night we drove into St Tropez and had dinner at Spoons in the Hotel Byblos. It was really wonderful and expensive. We walked around town for awhile but not much happened so early. The next day we decided to rent chairs from Bora Bora. I think it was only around 30 for two. But the season was kinda over and we probably got it cheapier because of this. For lunch we ate at Moorea Plage next door. It was very nice. After more sun and swimming we went back to our hotel which we have really learned to love. We would have a bottle of rose on there nice comfortable outdoor furniture each night around 5. The hotel would bring out whatever you would want to drink from their bar. Later we decided to go in the tiny town of Ramatuelle for dinner. It is up atop a hill. Not much English spoke up there but it was really cute. Remember to open the drawers in your room there is a Tv in there. It took me a couple of days to look. I am not a picky person but I really loved this hotel. If you are going in the summer I really recommend it. It doesn't really have a beach view but all beautiful grass and pool I really didn't miss it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tomgar3
Let me thank you for the compliment and hoping to receave you again.
Cordially.
Shahla Mauch-Deyhim
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stayed in one of the seven bungalows at epi plage for two nights with a friend at the cost of 250 per night. On arrival we spoke to the owner in the dark and gloomy 'reception' shed with posters advertising an upcoming talk on organ donation at the hotel. We were walked past the lovely looking pool (too cold for us to go in but I'm sure it is perfect in the summer months) to our bungalow - number 7. I was utterly speechless once shown inside and I'm not sure the place had been modernised for many years. There was no door on the bathroom, cobweds hung from the aircon unit, the decor was dark wooden pannelling and the whole place resembled an orphange from a Dickens novel. The elderly owner left us in the room to gather our thoughts. We decided to head out that night but the location, which is right on the beach, is only great for the summer and we felt a little stranded as St Tropez is at least a 20 minute drive away and there were no taxis. There is also a large dog owned by the hotel who had a lovely temperament but could also stand up on his hind legs to let himselves into our room, where one day he brought his 'girlfriend'. Breakfast was basic, coffee and bread etc, you had to pay an extra 17 euros (on top of your 250 a night!) for a peach and a yoghurt! There was also a gym on the site which I do not think we were able to use but either way it was frequented by elderly local ladies who had been 'freshened up'. This was by far the strangest place I have ever stayed in and if I had not been paying so much I would not feel so hard done by.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LondonSW8
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
I feel very sorry for you, you found the bad direction. Epi plage is ont a palace !
A simple and original place in the nature with its imperfection and its charme, but this is not everybody's taste.

Shahla mauch Deyhim

Travelers are raving about these Ramatuelle hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramatuelle
La Ferme d'Augustin
#2 of 12 in La Croix-Valmer
Chateau De La Messardiere
Chateau De La Messardiere
#3 of 73 in Saint-Tropez

Been to Hotel Epi-Plage? Share your experiences!