“a lovely place...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Epi-Plage
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Ramatuelle
“a lovely place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We spend a long week-end from the 17th to 20th of May in one of the most beautiful place in “La Riviera”.
I didn’t know the place, even though lot of friends has told me that it was “A MUST!”
I agree on that statement and even more, I recommend that lovely Beach-Hotel to anyone. My stay was a perfect experience, in all aspect. The owner, a “Lady” with care and attention to her guest, runs the place with professionalism at the same time making you feel that you belong to this exclusive club. The rooms are decorated with taste, everything is clean and make you feel serene… the whole service, faultless.
It is no surprise to me that most all V.I.P. and International Stars once came in this, like no other, relaxing accommodation of the French Riviera.
I will surely comeback in this, little Paradise.

Room Tip: reserve the SUITE, I think it is room number 9... but double check
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ivan V
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
thank you very much for you nice comments.
shahla mauch deyhim

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the location, it's  on the beach and slightly removed from the beach clubs.
Now on to the rest. Having travelled all over the world and all over France, the service here is the worst I've ever seen.  Homeless people and oscar the grouch on sesame street are nicer than this woman.  From the moment we walked onto the property, we were treated with arrogance and disrespect. Even asking for a taxi seemed like an unthinkable request to her. Breakfast, which she calls "continental" consisted of a bread basket with old baguettes and days old miniature pastries as well as coffee.  When we asked for more, we were given scraps and end pieces, things you usually give to your dog.  The first day, we were actually  given the leftover bread from the people sitting next to us after they left.  They asked us if we wanted eggs and as we thought this was included in the "petit dejeuner" menu, we of course said yes.  We also ordered juice and bacon and was given small glasses and a plate of 4 little pieces of ham. When looking at the prices on the their Internet site and the pamphlet in the room, breakfast is included in the price. We did see extra prices for breakfast items, however we thought this was for guests coming after 10:30.
The hotel claims itself to be a spa. We took advantage and used the sauna which again we thought was included in the price of the room as we did not see it listed in the price list.
Asking for additional things such as tea and food for lunch was an annoyance to her and her staff. She might as well said, "what do you want now???"
At the end,  we went to pay our bill and was again met with disrespect and a bad attitude. When I saw the bill, my jaw almost dropped. We were charged 22 euros for orange juice, 13 euros for ham, 40 euros for eggs, and 50 euros for the sauna. I'm really happy she didn't see me swim in the pool!  When we questioned her on these additional costs and pointed out the unclear price list, she stated "am I supposed to pay for that, maybe you are not the right people to stay at my hotel."  I don't mind paying for these extra things, but they must be transparent and this was not the case here. Even though we paid an extra 180 euros, the poor service is something no one should deal with. As a physician, I've seen it all, but her greediness is the worst I've ever seen in my life, absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed May 2012
9 Thank hurricayne

Travelers are raving about these Ramatuelle hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever been to: as a very frequent traveler for work and pleasure, I have stayed in a broad range of hotels in both France and abroad. They treated us with disrespect from the moment we arrived, and the service deteriorated as time went on. The location is on the beach and the room was a reasonable size, although dark without enough heat or blankets. While we reviewed the materials in the room and expected charges for lunch, the additional unexpected charges for breakfast and the sauna were unacceptable resulting in 180 Euros extra! While the materials said breakfast was included, the owner had no problem billing us 12 Euros for two very small glasses of orange juice, 13,50 Euros from ham that was too awful to even try to eat, etc. After insulting us regularly, implying we were ignorant and stating boldly we were unsuitable guests to stay at her hotel, despite both of us regularly staying in 5 star hotels, we can safety say this hotel has no sense of customer service and the owner’s arrogance and greed are appalling! These are the kindest things I can say about the owner and this hotel. DON’T EVER CONSIDER STAYING HERE.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank World_Traveler_00007
Los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Right on the st tropez beach, green lawn & 2 swimming pools, a few bungalows. A unique stay but not your typical corporate hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank al M
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
it is with lot of joy to see your message. thank you so much for it.
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

I strongly recommend to avoid Hotel Epi-Plage. We wanted to stay there 3 days, paid EUR 340 a night and were expecting a decent seaside resort. I fact there were seven old wooden cottages next to a swimming pool. Our cottage was a bit smelly with various insect scrawling on the floor. There were no other facilities. We were also complaining about the missing service at the hotel, however the hotel manager did not care at all. The only advantage was the location of the hotel directly on the coast. We left after 1 night because we did not want to spoil out French holiday. As we paid for the accommodation in advance, the hotel refused to pay anything back to us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank rouckova
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Oh, I am so sorry to know that my place was a nightmare to you and I hope I can receave you in a much better condition. Beleave me my gol is to satifaite my guests.

Looking forward to see you again.

Kide regards.
Shahla Mauch-Deyhim
martinez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were there the first of Sept for 3 nights. We thought everyone would worked there were very friendly. Our cottage was older but was taken care of quite well. It is very expensive in the St Tropez area but this is idea location if you want to spend most of your time on the beach. We rented a car in Nice and was glad we had it. Sometime you don't want to walk 3 miles to get to the other end of the beach. When we got there we had lunch right over the hill on the beach at Jumeaux. It was too expensive but quite good. We came back to the hotel and then enjoyed their wonderful relaxing pool. Later we walk the beach to check out all the beach clubs and see what one we would want to rent chairs from. That night was Saturday and you could really hear the music from Nikki Beach across the street. I really like that kind of music so I thought it was cool but it closes at 8 if you don't. That night we drove down the beach and they had some live music playing on one of the beach restaurants so we eat there. It was pretty good. The service was slow like everywhere we went in France. We were never in a hurry so it didn't matter to us. The next day we decided just to lay on our towel instead paying for a chair. We ate lunch Le Lagon on the beach and really like our waiter and had great mussels it seems more reasonable price then some of the others. Went back to our hotel to relax by our great pool. Later we went to Nikki Beach across the way. It wasn't as loud as it was Saturday, but it was still kinda wild and fun to watch the people in the pool. We just sat at the table drank and watched. Later that night we drove into St Tropez and had dinner at Spoons in the Hotel Byblos. It was really wonderful and expensive. We walked around town for awhile but not much happened so early. The next day we decided to rent chairs from Bora Bora. I think it was only around 30 for two. But the season was kinda over and we probably got it cheapier because of this. For lunch we ate at Moorea Plage next door. It was very nice. After more sun and swimming we went back to our hotel which we have really learned to love. We would have a bottle of rose on there nice comfortable outdoor furniture each night around 5. The hotel would bring out whatever you would want to drink from their bar. Later we decided to go in the tiny town of Ramatuelle for dinner. It is up atop a hill. Not much English spoke up there but it was really cute. Remember to open the drawers in your room there is a Tv in there. It took me a couple of days to look. I am not a picky person but I really loved this hotel. If you are going in the summer I really recommend it. It doesn't really have a beach view but all beautiful grass and pool I really didn't miss it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tomgar3
Let me thank you for the compliment and hoping to receave you again.
Cordially.
Shahla Mauch-Deyhim
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stayed in one of the seven bungalows at epi plage for two nights with a friend at the cost of 250 per night. On arrival we spoke to the owner in the dark and gloomy 'reception' shed with posters advertising an upcoming talk on organ donation at the hotel. We were walked past the lovely looking pool (too cold for us to go in but I'm sure it is perfect in the summer months) to our bungalow - number 7. I was utterly speechless once shown inside and I'm not sure the place had been modernised for many years. There was no door on the bathroom, cobweds hung from the aircon unit, the decor was dark wooden pannelling and the whole place resembled an orphange from a Dickens novel. The elderly owner left us in the room to gather our thoughts. We decided to head out that night but the location, which is right on the beach, is only great for the summer and we felt a little stranded as St Tropez is at least a 20 minute drive away and there were no taxis. There is also a large dog owned by the hotel who had a lovely temperament but could also stand up on his hind legs to let himselves into our room, where one day he brought his 'girlfriend'. Breakfast was basic, coffee and bread etc, you had to pay an extra 17 euros (on top of your 250 a night!) for a peach and a yoghurt! There was also a gym on the site which I do not think we were able to use but either way it was frequented by elderly local ladies who had been 'freshened up'. This was by far the strangest place I have ever stayed in and if I had not been paying so much I would not feel so hard done by.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank LondonSW8
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi-Plage, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
I feel very sorry for you, you found the bad direction. Epi plage is ont a palace !
A simple and original place in the nature with its imperfection and its charme, but this is not everybody's taste.

Shahla mauch Deyhim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramatuelle
La Ferme d'Augustin
#2 of 12 in La Croix-Valmer
Chateau De La Messardiere
Chateau De La Messardiere
#3 of 73 in Saint-Tropez

Been to Hotel Epi-Plage? Share your experiences!