We have just returned from a fantastic week on the Cote d'Azur staying at the Pavillon de Pampelonne near St Tropez. Being pregnant, I was a little anxious about our trip so when we found this accommodation that was small and owned by an English couple we thought it would be ideal and it was!!!! Our hosts, Alison & Peter, were fantastic making us feel welcome from the moment we arrived.
The Pavillon is beautiful, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. We stayed in 2 rooms during our week long stay which was our choice as we had wanted a superior double room for the extra space but this wasn't available for our first 2 nights so we took a standard double. It wasn't huge but it was very comfortable and would have been fine for the whole of our stay although the extra space when we moved to the superior double was nice.
The pool area and terrace is very private and quiet, perfect for a relaxing afternoon. There is no restaurant as such, however, in high season evening meals are available. Throughout the day guests are invited to help themselves from the 'honesty bar', stocked with a good selection of chilled beers, wines and soft drinks. One evening we stayed in to watch the Champions League semi-final and enjoyed takeaway pizzas and drinks with Peter, Alison and our fellow guests, which was a nice change from going to a restaurant.
The villa is a pleasant 10 minute walk from Pampelonne beach, it's fairly long and has lots of sunbed/snack-bar/restaurant businesses on the sand just a few metres from the water.
A 10 minute drive gets you to St Tropez town or the small and very quaint Ramatouelle village. There are also a few other small villages within 10-15 mins drive with good restaurants etc. You will definitely need a car for this trip. A taxi to St Tropez will cost about 25 Euros, however, being pregnant and not drinking alchohol I was often designated driver home.
The Cote d'Azur area was beautiful and there are lots of places to see within a couple of hours drive. It was very helpful and refreshing to have hosts who were more than happy to spend time telling you the best places to visit.
I would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation to my friends. My husband and I considered our stay at PDP to be worth every Euro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upmarket stylish Maison d'Hote villa consisting of 9 bedrooms situated around a large pool terrace close to Pampelonne Beach and half way between Saint Tropez and Ramatuelle. Open from Easter to the end of October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Pavillon de Pampelonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De Pampelonne Hotel St-Tropez
- Pavillon De Pampelonne St Tropez