“our helliday” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yelloh ! Village Les Tournels

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramatuelle
Yelloh ! Village Les Tournels
Dublin, Ireland
“our helliday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The region is absolutely beautiful with stunning views and beaches. However our experience of this campsite put a dark cloud over our holiday. The campsite is extremely hilly and quite exhausting, there is only one shop outside the camp, about 15 minute walk, it is very overpriced. But by far the worst was the rudeness of the bar ,restaurant and security in les tournels who seemed to make up there own rules as they went along. There was no consistency in closing times or food ordering times an example of this is my brother in law had aske for mussels from the menu since his arrival on Thursday sept 13th he was assured by staff that he coul get them the following Wednesday yet when the day arrived he ordered them and was told he did not reserve them so therefore he could not have them, sureley if this was the case he should have been advised by staff on evenings prior to this.They ignored people queing for food and drinks and only served them when they felt like it. The complex is clean and has good facilities but in order for holidaymakers to enjot their time they have to feel welcome and listened too, very important if Les tournels would like to see people return or indeed recomend to others. Staff training in hospitality and manners is definately needed.

Room Tip: insist on accomadation that is not uphill
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tracy632

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wow, what a view as you enter the campsite! Only in France ( with their love of big campsites) would they allow a campsite nestled betwen the rich and famous spots of the wonderful Pampelonne beach, picturesque Ramatuelle and St Tropez itself. Despite the large size f the site, it actually fits in quite unobtruslvely in the middle of vineyard and shaded by pine trees. Some may find it a little isolated, being a long hike, tiring bike ride or short car journey to the above said locations, but personally I felt I'd found my own little piece of heaven, especialy sitting on the decking of our chalet, glass of local Rose in hand, and with tantalizing glimpses of the impossibly blue sea though the trees ( ours was not a sea view chalet, but if you aimed your deck chair just so then you could definateley see the sea which was an unexpected bonus.
The chalet itself ( a riveria club or something like that) was compact but well designed, well appointed and very comfortable in a homebase sort of way. I had a good snoop around the site, and some of the chalets were certainly quite sociable in terms of being close to your neighbours, but the site as a whole was very well designed so it never felt built up or overcrowded. The hills are pretty extreme though, and you definately felt you got a good workout several times a day. I'd say the further side of the campsite ( above the restaurant area) is slightly less hilly and more picturesque, but you won't usually get a sea view on this side.
I liked the restuarant, and the pools were fun, but the pool area rather vast so difficult to watch young children. To me, going to the pool felt like going on a trip to an exotic leisure centre, and didn't feel like the sort of place to really relax. I also got told off by a life guard for moving a sun lounger ( to try and find a shady spot); apparently this is not allowed as there are so many chairs for each area. I suppose with a site this size you are never going to get small and intimate.
Also, if coming in peak season when the entertainment is on ( July and August), it's helpful to be able to embrace the whole campsite mentality of joining in silly games ( the flip flop tossing contest was particualry fun as was the donkey derby!) Overall, the atmopshere was more Centre Parcs, but with a bit of Butlins thrown in. You can avoid this side of things if you try, but the nighttime entertainment is hard to avoid altogether as the geography of the campsite is such that it acts as one big ampitheatre, with the noise travelling up the hill to the chalets and tents. It wasn't too obtrusive, but just don't go expecting complete tranquilty. Actually we watched the entetainment on a couple of evenings, and it was pretty good fun and the team were enthusiastic and mildly talented.
As everyone has pointed out, it would be great to have a small shop on site. The local spa had just about everything imaginable in stock, but was too far to walk in the heat.
Ohh, and the wrist bands. Yes, I know they are probably necessary on a site like this, but when you venture out of camp you do feel like you've been tagged, and I'm sure they attracted a few stares when we treated ourselves to lunch at club 55. But then we probably would have stood out a mile anyway as we were hardly the epitome of St tropez glammer! But that brings me back to the beauty of this place; that you can holiday in semi-luxury alongside the jetset ( who choose this amazing location for a very good reason), but for a fraction of the cost. Overall, I love Les Tournels!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank doctornicky
Liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went for two weeks in August with my wife, two young daughters and adult nephew. At €90 per night during peak season this is not a cheap campsite although compared to others it comes with a lot more, mainly the pools, bar and restaurant area. I liked the way the pitches are terraced (i.e. flat) but disliked the extremely hard and rocky soil you are expected to knock your pegs into. There is no supermarket on site although you could walk to the Spar (excellent, half a mile away) but it was really hot so most of the time I took the car. My nephew tried the wifi which was expensive (€20 I think), slow and kept dropping out, so after the first week he did not renew. Excellent beaches at Escalet, Cap Taillat and Pampelonne are all within 5 minutes drive (Cap Taillat and Pampelonne charge €4.30 per day parking).

My main issue with this place is the bustle. There must be getting on for a thousand pitches and the place is absolutely rammed. They are strict on late night noise though, so this is good, but the music at the pool is loud and goes on until 11.30. The bin lorries then roar around every morning at 7.30 startling light sleepers like me into wakefulness well before the sun rises over the hill at 8.30 (when the tent becomes so hot you have no choice but to stagger out anyway).

I like this campsite but I'll try somewhere quieter next time. I stayed at "Camping a la Ferme Biancolini" (up the road from the Spar toward L'Escalet) about 25 years ago and that was very rustic and peaceful. Have to check if they have leccy though...

Room Tip: Ask for a shady pitch. If you want to avoid the sun until 8.30 am don't get a pitch overlooking...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Crongmor
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The campsite, swimingpool, and friendly employee's are all very nice. We did hire a rental house with view on the sea, it is one word: breathtaking. Only drawback is it did put us up on the highest point of the campsite which makes you need to take a long walk down the hill, and a very tiresome walk uphill. I would NOT recommend that with children < 6 but you can always take the car. (although on holidays i would rather not). In the end we took the car down hill to go everywhere after a few climbs uphill.

The site is well taken care of, the rental houses we where staying at where clean and quite new, i love it.

It just beats me how this campsite can get a 4 star while it does not even have a supermarket on site. There is a 'spar' supermarket about half a mile from the campsite, but to go there every morning to get fresh bread is just crazy. Have been on a lot of campsites but NEVER one where you could not order or buy bread. Why not have some ordering service where the bread is brought to the pitches ? it is called service which I expect on a 4 star campsite.

Another complain is the 20 EURO wifi for a week which does not function, and if it does is so slow you can not really do anything. Sending a support mail to campsite and passman has not yet resulted in any answer or apologies from either side. Terrible service we call this.

Thank god i brough a DROAM with me (www.droam.nl) and had a decent connection through there, but it is just amazing they dare to charge 20 euro for something working half, half the time. I should have been suspicious when the lady said she had not enough codes that day it is just vastly oversold. I would have payed 75 EURO for a week for highspeed internet without restrictions. I do not believe this is entirely Les Tournels fault though they just got fooled by the passman company, we have experienced their service and quality on more campsites and it never (!) worked correctly or speedy. Unfortunately i only found out after buying that also this campsite used passman otherwise i would have never bought the WiFi access.

So in short the pro's: Clean campsite, Nice swimingpool (strict lifeguards but that is good), other facilities seem to be clean and nice, whole surrounding looks well taken care off.

The Con's: No supermarket for quick needs like breakfast bread, Very steep campsite not recommended with small children, WiFi (Passman) is terrible !

Room Tip: if you like sea view, be aware you have to walk a long way down (and climb back up) for all services...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank pat_sanders
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I would give this 5 stars if the pitches has been a bit nicer, they were not on grass which made it very dusty when dry and mucky in the the rain. Otherwise great setting, very clean facilities, perfect for families and groups of friends. I was there with my partner for a quiet break just the two of us, and we could have stayed for another few days. We would would definitely recommend. Next time I would look into renting one of the huts rather than taking my own tent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarryP72
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a camping holiday here where we stayed for 8 days. What an excellent site! We have been camping for the past 40 years but never before stayed somewhere like this! Facilities were outstanding and always extremely clean. Lovely large terraced pitches for tents or caravans with views.Perhaps the only minus point was that there was no on site shop but one could walk to the local Spar or get there by car in a minute. On the plus side, one didn't have to pay out extortionate prices that site shops seem to charge and the produce was good. A lovely base for touring the area,finding beautiful bays and a welcome getaway from the madding crowds of the coast. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this site at this lovely time of year on the Cote d'azur. We shall definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SwanseaGowergirl
Harrogate
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a bigger site than we usually go to but we've been with Yelloh before (Le Brasilia - excellent) so we thought we'd give it a go for access to St Tropez, etc. In brief, this is how I would describe it:

Pitches - terrible, and we tried 3 of them! They're tiny, steeply terraced, very dusty and extremely close together.
Pool area - ok, but it's on split levels so with younger children this became tiresome. Also, non-guests (for a fee) can use it so it soon becomes very crowded. Go extremely early to get the very few loungers, otherwise it's a towel on the hard floor.
Friendliness - ok
Cleanliness - good
Location - ok

And what's with the 'on site' shop - it's a Spar that's about half a mile away down a dusty road, is for the use of anyone in the area and only takes cash.

Would not go back and would not recommend it. Perhaps I've just been lucky with all the other European sites I've been to - but out of the 17 sites in Europe I've stayed at this is by far the worst.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HappyHarrogate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramatuelle
La Ferme d'Augustin
Les Prairies de la Mer
Les Prairies de la Mer
#1 of 27 in Grimaud
Camping La Baume - Residence La Palmeraie

Been to Yelloh ! Village Les Tournels? Share your experiences!