“Never, never again”

Appart'City Confort La Ciotat Cote Port
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Ciotat
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Our room had a tremendous mold problem in the tub. We stayed in this dirty room even though we were told that we would be moved the next day. Night manager was very rude and not helpful at all. I would sleep on the bus stop bench before I would ever schedule a night here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ronald R

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed at Park and Suites for 2 nights (and an adjacent hotel for 1 night - see other reviews). Overall, I was happy with the hotel. Its very convenient to the center of La Ciotat. The room was quite large for european standards and a had a double bed, convertible couch, and kitchenette, and desk area - along with a few small peces of furniture. Everything worked, was in good condition, and clean. Onsite parking wasn nice however a car really isnt necessary to go around town. Internet was free and worked fine. The only down side was that it really doesnt have a view although the advertisments would lead you to believe otherwise. In sumary, its a nice place however I believe the Best Wester next door is nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Despite some reviews below the hotel worked quite good for us. We selected some family room - "Studio Suite". It has balcony with dinning table, enough space for 3 of us, two writing desks, two wardrobes and kitchenette fully equipped including cutting desk. Hot water comes from the boiler in the room, the size of the boiler is OK for 3-4 people.
The hotel sells "kitchenette kit" for 7 euro containing washing detergent, sponge, waste bags etc. Don't. You can buy neccessary things (detergent and sponge) for 1,5 euro at Carrefour where you'll anyway buy your rose wine and breakfast things :)

The hotel management probably took notice on reviews stated the it's hard to find - and now there lot of signs showing directions, on the embankment too. The entrance to the parking is from Rue Laperouse - together with Best Western's parking. You can temporarily park you car outside the garage, then go the the reception (on the other side of the building) and get entance code from them. The hint - after that you can go to the level -1 in the lift which will bring you to the parking. Leaving it thru the lifting gate (it will be open for you automatically) you'll find your car parked outside this gate. Parking costs 10 euro per night. Parking slot are NOT reserved for the room - first come, first served principle.

Reception hours. If you've read the reviews below you already know that reception hours might be a problem. But in the high season (starting June 15th) they works 24/7. At other time - you can get the entrance code in advance. In a low season make sure that you've got it even if you first coming at working hours - later you can go out and come back about midnight when hotel's doors are closed and the reception is closed.

Is there any con's? Rather not. I'm speaking about the family room of course - which is (the only downside) very poorly divided for being "family". There is only an imitation of wall between double bed and sofa bed (for 2) and no doors. Note that you can't accomodate the family with 2 chidren in the room because there are only 2 beds... and for two _couples_ it's not very convinient too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We only spent one night in this apartment hotel beforeour flight back home. In fact, it was a last minute booking due to all hotels in Cassis were fully booked.
Although there are many signs for the hotel, it's difficult to find. So better follow Best Western and then ask at their reception.
The hotel have decent parking (€10), but you have to book it in advance.
Everything inside is quite basic, but we didn't expect it to be any better. Lots of restaurants close by, so no need to search for a place to grab a bite.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I lived in the short term rental here with some of my colleagues for a couple of weeks and we had a fun. Close to the nightlife, port and cafes etc. The rooms were fine - its all we needed. There were always a few customers noticeably making complaints at reception, and we had a couple of issues just with towels not being cleaned etc, but in general it was a nice place to stay in La Ciotat. I've stayed in a few round town and this one was the best so far.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Grish068
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We booked this hotel thru expedia after frantically trying to find a hotel at the last minute after all hotels in nearby town of Cassis (beautiful) were booked. The hotel is not clearly marked and after inquiring at the next door Best Western, I had to circle the building 3 times ( it looks like condos or apts from the outside), when I finally got in there was no one there. ( The reception area was closed with a grey metal gate pulled down and by happinstance someone ( not even sure if they worked there) showed me a box outside where you had to punch in a code that I never received when I booked the room...and there was our room key. To get in and out of the doors in the garage one needed codes ( again, since no one was there, no way to get...) It was a parade of horribles for almost an hour and a half and finally the next shift person showed up and did not have a key herself! But, she had codes!!! Our room was ok. Sheets clean and a small kitchenette, but when you looked out the window, the view was of a nice, big, tall, crane..as this was a shipbuilding port apparently and very blue collar. Nothing like Cassis ( about 10 kilometers away)...It was the worst place on our 2 week trip and we would never go back...perhaps if we stayed on the total opposite side of La Ciotat it would have been more picturesque, but this section was a tad low class. Don't waste your time here, unless you are here to work on the boats for repairs or shipbuilding....By the way, breakfast was 14 or 18 euros! we walked down 2 minutes to a cafe and got it for 5 euros a person.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank luvtwotravl
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hello,
In January and early February 2011 I stayed at the Park and Suites Gaillard (France) just on the border with Geneva. The mini mini furnished apartment was ok, your standard stuff. When you check in you are informed that you will have to pay a deposit which will be refunded upon check out if all is in order (in my case 700 euro !). I checked out a couple of days early, the 10th of February 2011, and was told that my deposit would be refunded to my bank account asap but at the latest in a MONTH's time ! Well a month later I'm still waiting for my deposit (700 euro) to be refunded and was told yesterday that it should be done by next week. If Park and Suite management do actually refund my next week that would mean 5 WEEKS ! after checking out !!!!!! So beware the deposit scam !
For the record, the room was left in order, there are no issues with the state in which it was left. Mind you they make you fill out an inventory check list upon arrival and departure. But generally the reception staff are quite nice and helpful. However, remember BEWARE THE DEPOSIT REFUND ! Cheers

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business