$291
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
La Garrigue(Cassis)
$191
Le Clos Des Aromes(Cassis)(Great Value!)
$106
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

We had mixed feelings upon arrival at the hotel and the reviews are quite mixed. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. We found the hotel within a 2 minute walk from the car park that we used and the location is superb for everywhere in Cassis. The reception staff we not welcoming or friendly at all and English was not good or else they weren't in the mood to talk to us. They were not at all helpful so we found out what we needed to know from the locals who are very willing to help and offer directions. The hotel can't be faulted for cleanliness throughout, which is one of the main things for me as well as location. The room had a lovely view overlooking the notre dame. The beach and port are a 5 minute walk around the corner from the hotel, where you will find excellent bars and restaurants on every street at reasonable prices. Cassis is so beautiful. Make sure you add to your list. One of my favourite places in France. Definitely choose Cassis over La Ciotat but if you get the chance make sure and drive The route des cretes to la Ciotat. The views are stunning!!! The best on the Provence!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank pinkchrose
Reviewed May 7, 2017

I've never given a bad review for a hotel because every other time that I've been disappointed I've realized that I probably got the experience I paid for. But my experience at Hotel Laurence was awful. When I arrived I was shown to a very smoky room that reeked even though it had just been cleaned. I explained to the receptionist that I am pregnant and can't stay in a smoking room for health reasons, so she accompanied me upstairs to see for herself, had the maid come in and spray two squirts of cleaning solution, then told me they couldn't do anything else--couldn't trade my room with another or refund me since I couldn't stay there. Had she been apologetic or even acknowledged that it was an inconvenience for me I would have been less furious but she was extremely dismissive and rude. According to the Booking.com people who called me after I left, Hotel Laurence believes that nonsmoking rooms are a "special request" that must be explicitly communicated to the hotel somehow (I was never given the option to select smoking or nonsmoking). I ended up leaving Cassis rather than stay at Hotel Laurence. I'm a regular business and personal traveler and have never had such terrible customer service.

Room Tip: extremely smoky
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2017

We stayed here once before a few years ago and gave a glowing review. We know this hotel is a budget property and have no problem with that. We appreciate the location so it has been worth it for us previously. Upon our return last summer, we were shocked that seemingly no upkeep had been done.

I had received a rude email two days prior to our arrival telling me our room would be cancelled because they tried to charge my room to a card I wasn't using anymore. They weren't supposed to charge anything until the day we got there, and we paid a higher price for this option, so this was unsettling. The a/c didn't work, and it was stifling in our room. There was long dark hair all over the bathroom. We were excited for the wifi as they didn't have it in the rooms last visit (only in the lobby), but it seems they still don't have it in the rooms, even though it's advertised.

After a sleepless and sweaty night, I had a migraine and my husband went to ask if we could extend our checkout by an hour from 1130 to 1230 as our booking website had granted us so I could get some more rest. We were told no, as the cleaners had to get in. Why say online that your loyalty gives a late checkout if you're not going to commit to it? Fine then, I got myself together.

At 11:05 We have loud knocking on our door and yelling. It's the cleaner. She wants us out NOW as "checkout is 11". We very calmly and politely told her we were almost ready and closed the door. I'm sure it was much to her dismay that we didn't run out right then. Check out is 11-1130 as advertised. It was an incredibly unpleasant and rude end to our already miserable stay at the hotel. There were a few more things, but I do not want to seem petty and tbh I am tired just writing about this.

Cassis is LOVELY. Please do yourself a favour and spend the $20 extra to stay at the other hotel next door.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank midnight143
Reviewed November 13, 2016

You get what you pay for quite simply.

Yes, the bathroom is small but we were on the top floor at the front and had a great terrace with a fantastic view of the harbour.
No parking which is a pain - save the trouble and just pay for parking at one of the public ones, even if costly.
No lift access - narrow stairs which isn't too easy for luggage.

If you want cheap, cheerful and the best location possible for the town, this will be perfect for you. Don't expect 5* luxe and service, but it works!

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little more for a room with a terrace.
Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2016

We were placed in a room where the toilet was inaccessible as in order to access it you had to pass between the shower and the sink which was very narrow. We were moved to a room where the air conditioning did not work(there was no cold air) and it was 36 centigrade. We asked that this to be fixed as we paid for it but the manager on reception refused. When we asked again she suggested we leave. I tryed to explain this was difficult as it was the afternoon, it was very hot and I had health problems. The result was she became very very angry, both shouting and was very abusive. She then said she was phoning the police and suggested we leave. We did and found a much better hotel. I would not recomend anyone stay there.

Stayed: September 2016