“Great location. Ask for a room with a view of the Med. Beautiful”

and 1 more site!
Hotel de la Plage Mahogany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Cassis
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a few days in Paris and flew to Marseille to visit my Brother in Barjac. Stayed in Cassis one night and would recommend staying longer. Great hotel and service! Only thing lacking is Parking. There is a large pay lot that was still free, so wasn't a problem for me

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank moranpc

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel is located in a small bay with a beautiful beach. In 10 minutes walk you arrive in the center of Cassis, a beautiful seaside town on the harbor. Walking in the opposite direction, always just a few minutes walk, you reach the beginning of the path that leads to beautiful Calanques. The path is not an easy task, especially in the second half and it would be better to go with hiking boots. But I would highly recommend that hike. The rooms are clean and spacious. The decor is typical of Provence with colorful walls of strong colors, blue, yellow or green. There is private parking for a few vehicles or the public parking which is very large. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I did not put excellent because they had no more rooms with sea view and they put us on the back, but I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: hotel in great location, I would recommend the rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcello M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here two nights in April with my wife and almost 4 yr son. It is a very basic hotel- but dont go by the word basic- we loved it. The rooms are clean, an all white set up with bright sunlight from the sea facing glass door is half the fun. The little balcony is worth the extra penny for sea facing.

Its located on a small beach, just off the main port/ city centre. Its not far at all maybe a 5 min walk. The beach in front is also fantastic (infact the main port doesnt have a beach- so thats an advantage here).

They do provide free parking upto certain number of cars but even if thats not available, a public pay park is 50 met away- so not a concern.

A mini bar/ fridge would be great, but i will return here irrespective.

Room Tip: Sea facing is a must!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Runawayblues
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a luxury travel advisor, and I stayed here with my fiance in September 2013. We were staying in Aix en Provence, and decided halfway through to bail on a couple nights in favor of the coast. Most hotels were booked or outrageously priced. I found one remaining room at this hotel, and absolutely fell in love with it. I have stayed in a wide range of accommodations--from backpacking in hostels to the George V in Paris. This was a wonderful option for a mid-priced hotel in the south of France. Our room was crisp and white, roughly 200 euros a night, with a garden view and a small patio. It was perfect for us and the town of Cassis could not be more lovely. There is a quaint pebble beach directly across the small road from the hotel with a couple great bars.

Note: This isn't handicap friendly. They have an elevator but it's small and requires a few steps to get to. Also they have an open bathroom plan...a curtain and 1/2 wall provides some privacy but not for everyone! This may not be the case in all rooms...ask!

If you can score an ocean-view room, do it!
The breakfast is wonderful and the people are very kind.
I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you have any questions, email me at Christie@centurytvl.com

Room Tip: Go for an ocean-view if you can. The garden view we had was just OK, but they have a nice patio none...
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent one night here in a room with an incredible sea view. The room itself was on the small side but the view made up for it. The common spaces in the hotel are really fun and modern in design. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was good. I found it a little noisy at night because there is a bar across the street (right on the beach) that is open until late at night. The location overall can't be beat. There's a public beach right across the street that's great for swimming, and you can walk to the harbor/town center in five minutes. We also hiked to the trail that leads to the calanques from the hotel. I would highly recommend that hike. It was incredible!

I did think I saw a bit of mold on the bathroom wall. Even so, I would recommend this place and would stay there again based on the location and sea views.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view.
1  Thank Kristen O
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited this awesome hotel with my extended family for a weekend in July and loved it. My husband and I occupied one of the modern white rooms with breathtaking views of the sea. My sister-in-law, her husband and children occupied Suite 100--a beautifully appointed, modern pink room with a huge balcony and an unforgettable sea view. I am so glad that I followed my own judgment and booked this hotel in spite of the minor complaints that I read on Trip Adviser. We arrived by noon and found ample parking next door which we simply renewed each morning (It's free at night). We found the personnel at the front desk and bar pleasant and obliging. Our room was small but very clean, fresh and well-suited to our needs. Words cannot do justice to the location across the road from Bestouin Beach and views of Cap Canaille that this hotel provides. Were this hotel located on the Cote d'Azur, the prices would triple. I did not see a hotel in Cassis that compared to Mahogany. I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Suite 100 is probably the nicest room in this hotel. I would definitely book and ocean view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 155011Harper
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent one night at the Mahogany Hotel in Cassis. We have got a tiny room with a bathroom in a kind of cupboard and a very uncomfortable bed. the view on the bay from the 3rd floor was fantastic and reduced the frustration about the room and the hotel in general. Although I had asked about a parking space for disabled, nobody told me that the entire hotel is absolutely NOT suitable for people like me using a wheelchair. Huge stairs to be climbed from the road to the terrace, steps again to the reception, from the reception to the lift. The lift itself is so small, that a wheelchair could not be entered anyway. On the floor corridors and rooms do not allow a wheelchair. Some staff tried to help but what could they do?
Please also nte that parking are about 300 meters away from the hotel entrance and is securely closed
Again the view on the bay is not to ne missed.