“Great location, fantastic value”

Hotel de la Plage Mahogany
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cassis
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great location, fantastic value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here two nights in April with my wife and almost 4 yr son. It is a very basic hotel- but dont go by the word basic- we loved it. The rooms are clean, an all white set up with bright sunlight from the sea facing glass door is half the fun. The little balcony is worth the extra penny for sea facing.

Its located on a small beach, just off the main port/ city centre. Its not far at all maybe a 5 min walk. The beach in front is also fantastic (infact the main port doesnt have a beach- so thats an advantage here).

They do provide free parking upto certain number of cars but even if thats not available, a public pay park is 50 met away- so not a concern.

A mini bar/ fridge would be great, but i will return here irrespective.

Room Tip: Sea facing is a must!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amitabh G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hungarian first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a luxury travel advisor, and I stayed here with my fiance in September 2013. We were staying in Aix en Provence, and decided halfway through to bail on a couple nights in favor of the coast. Most hotels were booked or outrageously priced. I found one remaining room at this hotel, and absolutely fell in love with it. I have stayed in a wide range of accommodations--from backpacking in hostels to the George V in Paris. This was a wonderful option for a mid-priced hotel in the south of France. Our room was crisp and white, roughly 200 euros a night, with a garden view and a small patio. It was perfect for us and the town of Cassis could not be more lovely. There is a quaint pebble beach directly across the small road from the hotel with a couple great bars.

Note: This isn't handicap friendly. They have an elevator but it's small and requires a few steps to get to. Also they have an open bathroom plan...a curtain and 1/2 wall provides some privacy but not for everyone! This may not be the case in all rooms...ask!

If you can score an ocean-view room, do it!
The breakfast is wonderful and the people are very kind.
I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you have any questions, email me at Christie@centurytvl.com

Room Tip: Go for an ocean-view if you can. The garden view we had was just OK, but they have a nice patio none...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent one night here in a room with an incredible sea view. The room itself was on the small side but the view made up for it. The common spaces in the hotel are really fun and modern in design. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was good. I found it a little noisy at night because there is a bar across the street (right on the beach) that is open until late at night. The location overall can't be beat. There's a public beach right across the street that's great for swimming, and you can walk to the harbor/town center in five minutes. We also hiked to the trail that leads to the calanques from the hotel. I would highly recommend that hike. It was incredible!

I did think I saw a bit of mold on the bathroom wall. Even so, I would recommend this place and would stay there again based on the location and sea views.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view.
1 Thank Kristen O
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I visited this awesome hotel with my extended family for a weekend in July and loved it. My husband and I occupied one of the modern white rooms with breathtaking views of the sea. My sister-in-law, her husband and children occupied Suite 100--a beautifully appointed, modern pink room with a huge balcony and an unforgettable sea view. I am so glad that I followed my own judgment and booked this hotel in spite of the minor complaints that I read on Trip Adviser. We arrived by noon and found ample parking next door which we simply renewed each morning (It's free at night). We found the personnel at the front desk and bar pleasant and obliging. Our room was small but very clean, fresh and well-suited to our needs. Words cannot do justice to the location across the road from Bestouin Beach and views of Cap Canaille that this hotel provides. Were this hotel located on the Cote d'Azur, the prices would triple. I did not see a hotel in Cassis that compared to Mahogany. I would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Suite 100 is probably the nicest room in this hotel. I would definitely book and ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 155011Harper
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent one night at the Mahogany Hotel in Cassis. We have got a tiny room with a bathroom in a kind of cupboard and a very uncomfortable bed. the view on the bay from the 3rd floor was fantastic and reduced the frustration about the room and the hotel in general. Although I had asked about a parking space for disabled, nobody told me that the entire hotel is absolutely NOT suitable for people like me using a wheelchair. Huge stairs to be climbed from the road to the terrace, steps again to the reception, from the reception to the lift. The lift itself is so small, that a wheelchair could not be entered anyway. On the floor corridors and rooms do not allow a wheelchair. Some staff tried to help but what could they do?
Please also nte that parking are about 300 meters away from the hotel entrance and is securely closed
Again the view on the bay is not to ne missed.

Aksdal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 4 nighs at this hotel i July 213. The location is fantastic, just above the beach, 5 minutes on foot from Cassis harbour. The wiev from room is fantastic. Even though the room is rather small, the terrace is great with sun beds, table and chairs. We experienced a friendly and helpful staff and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room with at view at Cape Canaille.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived early for our check-in time thinking we would just be able to drop off our bags and fend for ourselves with parking (the town was JAMMED that hot day) to find that 1) they had room for our car in the lot, AND 2) our room was ready early. We stayed in Rm #10. The door was a little sticky and cock-eyed, but when we opened it, I tell you it could not have been more perfect! This was the lowest cost sea-front room (160 Euros / night), and it was beautifully appointed in modern and simple beach style. The balcony looks right over La Bestouan Beach ("The Best One") and is just a short and straight walk from town (I'd say 7 minutes) and also from the hikes to the Calanques (about 5 minutes to the start of the trails). It is a small room / bathroom, but you will likely spend most of your time on your private terrace overlooking the beach and Cap Canaille anyway. The only drawback we had was that the hotel only offered wifi (free of charge, though) in close proximity to the front desk, but not in the rooms. All in all, I'm so glad we chose to stay at this wonderful little hotel. We hope to be back!

Room Tip: Sea side rooms are worth the extra cash.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple