“Find another restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

A table for 2 was available but the waiters wanted us to seat us somewhere else in a crammed space. We were ready to leave but they let us choose our table in the end. However, the moules frites were totally average. They forgot to bring our drinks and bread. Overall, very disappointing. Be very careful if you are eating on the waterfront. A lot of the restaurants there are just tourist traps! The best restaurants are in the side streets.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you're hungry and enjoy mussels this place will probably do the job. Don't expect an epicurian experience. We had mussels with chips as, I suppose, did all the other customers. The mussels are served with a sauce of your choice - probably kept in vats behind the scenes. Would recommend the provencale sauce. So, take an appetite but leave your expectations behind. Great fun watching the "beautiful" (but broke) people.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Mussels, Mussels, Mussels. The menu reads great with all the different preps and sauces but the flavor just isn't there. The fries are less than average. View and people watching is great, Guess that is what you are paying for.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went for lunch, the ordered fish was fried to death, totally inedible. Told the waitress, got a shrug, went to pay, complained politely, they took 50 per cent off the bill. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in Cassis in December 2012 on a private tour. Friends and I were on a cruise and we were docked in Toulon. The day was wonderful visiting a few small towns.

There was a pre-fixe lunch menu. I had the salad bar and mussels for lunch. I could have eaten just from the salad bar. Nice variety of foods. The best was the octopus. The mussels were in a tomato broth, which was too thick for my tastes, but there was plenty of mussels to enjoy. Bread was served with my meal, which I used to sop up the sauce.

My friend had a fish soup, which was way too salty for her. Plus she was hoping to see chunks of fish, but it was a thick broth.

Overall it was okay for the price we paid. This was probably one of the less expensive restaurants in Cassis. Other menus that we saw were over our budge.