My wife and I stayed in this lovely family home for 5 nights in September 2011. Overall we enjoyed a great stay, helped by a negotiated price due to a last minute ... at full price you would need to be staying with another couple or with children to get good value.
Things we liked:
+ easy booking, communicated with us in English & allowed us to accommodate another guest who visited during our stay without additional charge
+ large house with different zones
+ had all facilities you’d need to live in comfortably, including meal preparation
+ supermarket within 5 min drive, walkable for fit people
+ great views and lovely garden setting ... lovely on sunny days (which was every day for us!)
+ included wifi and local calls
+ baby grand piano - certainly the first we've seen in a holiday rental!
Things to know / room for improvement:
* As for most residences in Cassis, this house is located up some steep hills. We liked this because we’re reasonably fit and enjoyed the challenge, but if you aren’t you will need a car to leave the house.
* We were told that free parking on street is available. We did this without any issues, however we were nervous as the signage said it required payment ... if the authorities issued a fine you would have no recourse
* Two of the five bedrooms adjoin other bedrooms (i.e. you walk through one to get to the other), so would work best for families with children.
* On the first day, my wife burnt herself as one of the kettles provided (the type you heat on gas) spills water when pouring unless it's half full. There was another kettle, which we used from that point on with no issue. We notified the owner & he said he'd equip the property with an electric jug in future.
* Noisy neighbours hosted an all-day children’s party one day, with a very loud, tone deaf musician playing most of the afternoon meaning we could not enjoy the outdoor area in peace. This was the only day we had any issues with noise - not bad overall.
* The only thing we wished for during our stay was a pool. Having said that, there are plenty of beaches for swimming within a short or slightly longer walk ... it's a beautiful area, so get out and explore it!
After all that, my overall recommendation is that you won't be disappointed if you rent this property, with the potential exception for unfit people.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|