“Essen ok, service gewöhnungsbedürftig”
Review of Fleurs de Thym

Fleurs de Thym
Ranked #36 of 114 Restaurants in Cassis
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kiel
“Essen ok, service gewöhnungsbedürftig”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The food was ok, nothing special compared to many other places in france. The service however was "special". A little grumpy, not very open to requests or questions, we felt a little lile we were intruding in someones home. We would not go back...

Portland, OR
“Cute and Delicious”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was one of our favorite meals in France! Situated on a small cobblestone side street and with a cute patio simply decorated, we stumbled across this place while looking for a different restaurant and decided it was too cute to pass up. The service and food was fantastic. I'm allergic to gluten and dairy (a feat in France!) and the server (who was also the restaurant owner) was kind and understanding, helping me craft an incredible 3 course dinner. We had scallops, asparagus, fish, and lamb. All prepared incredibly. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank nelliejeanne
Berlin, Germany
“Worth your time”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had read the reviews and were a bit skeptical to visiting this restaurant but after having a walk through Cassis we were very hungry and tried this cosy looking restaurant anyway, one of the reasons was that most harbour side restaurants don't look very cosy. I took a while to be seated and to get the menu, it also took a while before we got our first dish. However, we got complimentary starters to our 3 course meal. We tried both the fish and duck and they were both delicious. The waiters were very helpful and friendly, so I guess we got there on an 'on' day. For us the total price of 90€ including drinks for a 2hr experience was definitely worth it. Ok we did wait a little longer than usual at the start of the dinner, but if you are looking for a fast dinner then don't complain and go to a fast food restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joustava
MA
“Interesting little restaurant”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visiting family in Cassis and we dined here our first night. The restaurant is small and very cozy, it quickly filled up while we were there and there was one man(Patick I'm guessing) and he was attentive but very busy. This is not a restaurant you want to go to if you don't want a slow meal. Our amuse bouche, a white bean soup was so good, I could have eaten a bowl of that alone. My appetizer was the baby artichokes. Very tender, nice sauce. My main course was the veal and it was incredible, the sauce with morel mushrooms amazing. Best veal I've ever had. Dessert I had the crème brulee. It was good, but not the best I've had. Maybe it depends on the night but we all had a great meal.

• Visited May 2014
Calgary
“Fantastic food, super service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner at Fleurs during a 3 night stay in Cassis. Given the large number of restaurants in town, we did a lot of research before settling on this charming spot for our special dinner. It was an exceptional meal! We both had the set menu - it started with tapenade and then a smoked white bean amuse bouche, which I could have eaten a gallon of. I had the scallop starter, which was perfectly cooked and in a delicious sauce. My fiancé had the salmon tartar, which was also delightful. For mains, he had the Marseille specialty pieds et paquets. The server was kind enough to check that we understood what we were ordering, since our French is limited - we were keen to try the traditional "trotters and tripe!" I ordered the bass with risotto. Both mains were excellent. The desserts were also delish - I had tiramisu and he had the chocolate dish. We especially enjoyed interacting with the host - he very nicely spoke slowly for us and didn't seem to mind our stilted French! He asked where we were from and teased/joked about us "Canadiens" throughout the rest of the evening. He asked us about our vacation and genuinely wished us happy travels at the end of the night. There was actually a really nice vibe amongst all the diners in the restaurant that night - some jokes were shared and each couple said "bonsoir" to us as they left. It was a really special evening we won't forget, and we will certainly return on our next trip to beautiful Cassis.