“Looks very nice but the food could have been better”
Review of Il Ristorante

Il Ristorante
Ranked #76 of 114 Restaurants in Cassis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
paris
“Looks very nice but the food could have been better”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The place looks very nice from the outside, very colourful and welcoming. But the food didn't meet our expectations. My pasta with gambas for 17 EUR tasted like ordinary spagetti with tomato sauce from the supermarket. My daugther liked her ravioli with beef, but the portion was too small even for her.

• Visited July 2014

Rotselaar
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

When you walk along the harbor of Cassis and you see this restaurant (one of the many there) you wouldn't expect it to be that great. But... the service is very friendly en the food is also very good prepared and very tasty. A good Italian restaurant in a nice place.

• Visited July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Delicious food, friendly & lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I highly recommend this fantastic restaurant. My husband, daughter and I travelled to Cassis from New Mexico and really enjoyed Il Ristorante. The food was delicious; my daughter had the fresh pizza, I had the homemade pasta with a tomato basil sauce and my husband loved the antipasti. I actually expected the food to be wonderful as the restaurant was crowded and overlooks the water, but what I wanted to write most about is the staff--they were so welcoming, pleasant and kind. They made us feel at home and made the experience one of the best in France. Merci! We hope to return one day.

• Visited June 2013
Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Excellent lunch and service”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited with a group of friends and had a very nice 20 euro lunch.Everything was super fresh, homemade pasta with a choice of shrimp, or clams, or pesto sauce. Salad starters were very good, as wellas mussels cooked in traditional garlic butter sauce. Fresh grilled sardines, and sea bass caught locally. Service was speedy and friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome. It was a very good value for the money.

• Visited September 2013
“Great dinner! Great location! Great food!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a delicious dinner here! Normally I am very weary of restaurant in a main square or like this one, in a row of about 20 other restaurants on the harbor, we were seated outside which was lovely. All the food was delicious and huge portions- I couldn't finish my starter or my main and the calzone my boyfriend had could have fed a family of four! Everything was fresh and homemade- and such a great location! Definitely go here is you want to have dinner by the harbor!!!

• Visited July 2013