“There is a good restaurant in Cassis?”
Review of Romano - CLOSED

Romano
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I often visit a French friend in Marseille. He loves Cassis, but has come to expect we must sacrifice good food for "ambience". Everything is for "English people who will eat anything" as he so tactfully puts it. This place satisfied even him. (I am English and too easily satisfied according to him.) The food was wonderful and the service was exceptional. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank TheAFortune

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The food here was delicious. I went based on other reviews and was definitely not disappointed. Two courses for 23 euros, very good value. Or you can have 3 for 29. There's no salad and chips, it's French food at it's best. The best meal I had in cassis. Thanks for an enjoyable meal.

2  Thank smp333
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our last nite in Cassis, four of us went there because we wanted to view the harbor front. The service was good if a little stilted. My pork entree was good but my wife's swordfish had been previously frozen. I would return for a similar dinner but not for the food.

1  Thank UNTD
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location and the decor were very good. However, the fish whether It was grilled swordfish or steamed white fish in papilllote it was as tasteless as it would have been if it had been previously frozen. Both of our entrees had the same vegetables which appeared to have been boiled and overlooked well before meal time; even though one of them should have been steamed in the papilllote. There is no excuse for this culinary mis-step. Never the less the prices remained higher than most. Perhaps that is why when we walked home there were significantly fewer filled tables here than the rest of the waterfront!

Hard to imagine this is in the top 5 restaurants of Cassis!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was first introduced to Bouillabaisse here, a stew of rock fish... interesting. This time I went for something more conventional and was not disappointed. Yes it is more expensive than most of the other restaurants on the boulevard but the quality of food is much better than most too. A classy experience.