“A hidden gem!”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

this restaurant is a hidden gem. From the outside, it looks like a simple bar, but there is a full restaurant in back of the bar that serves wonderful food. We spent three nights in Cassis, and this was the best food of our stay. The menu is very creative and leaps and bounds above some of the restaurants you'll find on the harbor. Both my husband and I had the mackeral iwth artichokes and saffron foam - so delicous and unique!! Go here!

1  Thank Lila O

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

For us, this was the best dinner experience in cassis. We went twice. You get amazingly good food for a reasonable price. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great!!try!!!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Chosen on the basis of other trip advisor reviews. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful providing a good level of service and attentiveness. Our main course of fillet of beef with asparagus was cooked well and served with a delicious meaty sauce, regretfully the rather large plate of mashed potatoes delivered separately, for two to share was neither visually appealing or very tasty, in fact very watery and consequently most of which was not eaten. Curiously when clearing the table no enquiry from the staff was made but on looking around most other tables had similar amounts left! For the level this restaurant appears to aim for and the prices charged such basic errors are not acceptable. A good wine list had some interesting choices and reasonable prices.

1  Thank MrT_France
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We saw the rave reviews on Trip advisor and had to give it a try. We sat in the courtyard that has a very old growing Olive tree in the centre.
The food and wine menu was fantastic. I inquired what their signature dishes were and went with those. I had a beef cheek starter that was the best starter I have ever had. Elegantly plated and tons of flavour. For main I had a Seafood risotto with a langoustine and champagne sauce. Just perfect. I do not normally have a dessert but was told I had to trey the Mille Fille. It was light and perfect.

1  Thank SanC65
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having eaten my way around quite a lot of Cassis, (with varying degrees of satisfaction)I have to say this place takes some beating. I found this charming bistro on my 5th visit to this gorgeous little port and will now make it my first choice on my return. Seldom is it as tempting to sit inside rather than outside watching the passing parade but the lovely interior is very welcoming and feels like you are outside anyway. The service is lightening fast and the food excellent, the staff friendly and it's less than a stone's throw from the port. Unless you are going to go for the upmarket restaurant Villa Madie, with prices to match, don't miss this spot.

1  Thank nikkimax