“Clean, renovated with style, ideal halting-place on the way to the South”

Best Western Hotel De La Breche
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Niort
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Nice, cozy, clean, renovated. Rooms with warm decoration. Staff service-oriented. Breakfast not too abundant, but value for money. Situation central, on Place de la Breche, with shops and restaurants nearby. But today Place is renovated, so it is a mess. Public underground parking already available, with special reduction for hotel guests. Place de la Breche will be cleared up end of year, and then it will be a beauty. But do not go to Niort on a Sunday evening, because then the city is dead. Also after 19h all streets are quiet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
BWNIORT, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De La Breche, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for the comments you have posted on TRIPADVISOR after your stay in our property, Best Western Hôtel de la Brèche Niort.

I have immediately expressed your satisfaction to my staff members ; their involvement, effort and motivation are rewarded; Indeed, we focus every day to make the stay of our customers to the most enjoyable as possible.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at BEST WESTERN Hôtel de la Brèche of Niort for your next stay in our quiet city when the Place de la Brèche will be totally renovated.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Recently stayed one night in the middle of a vacation. Hotel and room were clean, modern and comfortable. Location is near city center, walkable from TGV station. Staff was great--friendly and very helpful to two Americans with many questions (and less than impressive French skills).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad B
BWNIORT, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De La Breche, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Guests,

I have immediately expressed your satisfaction to my staff; their involvement, effort and motivation are rewarded; Indeed, we focus every day to make the stay of our customers to the most enjoyable as possible.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at BEST WESTERN Hôtel de la Brèche of Niort for your next stay in our city.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I booked this hotel for one night and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was lovely, everything was clean and tidy and very comfortable. The member of staff on duty both in the evening when we arrived and the morning when we left was polite and very helpful, I think his name was Alexis. The hotel was very central, within walking distance of everything we needed, it was also very quiet. When the work on the square opposite is complete I am sure it will be a very popular place to visit. The only slight criticism was the glass door to the bathroom, it didn't offer much privacy. We only stayed one night, but if we are ever in Niort again we will definitely use this hotel again. Thank you! :)

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are off the road, so will be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I have immediately expressed your satisfaction to Alexis and my other staff members ; their involvement, effort and motivation are rewarded; Indeed, we focus every day to make the stay of our customers to the most enjoyable as possible.

Nevertheless, I am sorry for the discomfort causes by the sliding frosted glass bathroom door which didn’t give you enough privacy ; the whole hotel is equipped with this kind of door to give a contemporary style to the rooms.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here on our way back to England from Spain and were very pleased with our choice.

The hotel rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. The hotel had a marvellous location right in the heart of the town and the staff were extremely helpful, polite and humerous!! We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Spain in November, thank you to the staff.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
BWNIORT, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De La Breche, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Clients,

Reviewed January 31, 2012

As soon as we passed the door of this establishment we felt welcomed and relaxed. The hotel was beautifully refurbished. The young man that checked us in was efficient and very helpful.
The room was spacious and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and there was a good choice of pillows. The lift was easy to use and very quiet .The breakfast buffet had plenty of choice,both in food and beverages, and the staff remained discreet, but available if needed.
We were pleased with the over night parking in the underground parking just across the road from the hotel. The comfort and peace of this hotel enabled us to have a good nights sleep, before facing a long drive home. We look forward to using this hotel again in the near future

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bigatanes
BWNIORT, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De La Breche, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

I have immediately expressed your satisfaction to my staff; their involvement, effort and motivation are rewarded; Indeed, we focus every day to make the stay of our customers to the most pleasant as possible.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at BEST WESTERN Hôtel de la Brèche of Niort in a future stay in our city.

Kind Regards

Alain RAIMOND
Hotel Manager
BEST WESTERN Hôtel de la Brèche - Niort

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Good breakfast with regional products. Modern furnished rooms, comfortable bed. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
BWNIORT, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De La Breche, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Good Morning from Best Western Hôtel de la Brèche - Niort,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments ont Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.
We hope you will come back and see us again on your next stay in Niort.

Alain RAIMOND
Directeur
BEST WESTERN Hotel de la Breche

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed on business here and everything went well. Efficient staff, pleasant rooms and good breakfast. I had a suite as the standard rooms were sold out - only problem with the room was that there was only one power outlet at the desk - so it was the computer plugged in or the desk-top light, not both. Even though it's in the centre of town, it was quiet.
Lots of good restaurants in the Place de la Breche right next to the hotel.
Car parking can be difficult sometimes, but most of the time I had no problem parking in the public car park opposite.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business