“Tasty Asian food central Niort”
Review of Le Hanoi

Le Hanoi
Ranked #39 of 163 Restaurants in Niort
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Midlands UK
“Tasty Asian food central Niort”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After my somewhat disagreeable (to put it mildly) visit to just out-of-town Niort, Restuarant de Chine for which I generously offered a 'one star' rating (since zero wasn't available as a rating). The very nice lady at Bessine's where I ate marvellously last night told me to try one in the town centre and I can confirm its a worthy experience. The location is pretty handy its just round the corner from the main area in central Town near all the trendy bar/cafe places. The place itself looks a bit dark from the outside and inside its a bit tired and surely needs a lick o paint and a decent clean. For some reason the relative dingeyness gave me the feeling the food might just be interesting. The menu is in French only, and nobody is speaking English there. I could identify poulet with confirmation from the picture it was Chicken, and coco so went for it and hoped for the best. The dish came on a sizzling platter and looked good, and tasted better - really nice substantial flavour actually and a reasonable sized portion with rice. One beer, total just under 14 Euro I can't complain. I took a window seat, there were a few flies which was annoying but it was a very humid evening. As well as Thai, you have Vietnamese and Chinese dishes (apparently) on the menu. Its probably not the top place to take your chick or family unless theyt do it up a bit, but if you go there for the love of Asian food like me it is well worth a visit. Next time I'll take my night-vision goggles and a little sanitising cloth for the table and enjoy it even more.

• Visited September 2012