La Gourmandine
  • Restaurant
Ibis Chatellerault(Chatellerault)
Nouvelle Classe Hotel(Chatellerault)
View Hotel
Le Pigeonnier du Perron(Availles-en-Chatellerault)
View Hotel
All reviewsquirky roomsthe main hotelmealgardenweddingsummereuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful weekend. Relaxing and charming with amazing food and an unbelievably warm welcome. The perfect place to Recharge one's batteries.Colorfully and tastefully decorated with touches everywhere. Attention to detail. A big thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Donna V
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel and had dinner that evening.
We had the warmest of welcomes, a beautiful quiet garden room with all the facilities.
The restaurant was very pleasant and the food excellent.
Plenty of parking right in front of the hotel, and yet the town centre is nearby.
We hope that we shall have the chance to stay here again sometime.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

La Gourmandine exceeded my expectations, accustomed as I have become to more simple establishments on this walking holiday. Entering from Avenue du President Wilson through huge wrought iron gates to a gravelled courtyard, La Gourmandine immediately impresses with its rather grand facade and portal. It is something of a boutique hotel that seems to specialise in fine dining, certainly on sunday afternoons when we arrived. Our quarters were in the modern annex in the beautiful gardens at the rear. I lucked out, getting what must be the honeymoon suite upstairs. The bedroom was very large and furnished with a sofa, desk, various chairs and side tables, and a stand for my luggage. The separate toilet and shower open off a large bathroom. The high tech shower will challenge and delight! There is a heated towel rail as well as air-conditioning. Some may quibble with the decor of both this room and indeed the old establishment, but it does have a certain style. Luncheon in the formal dining room was good if somewhat pretentious, but the breakfast could not be faulted.

Room Tip: Ask for the large room upstairs in the garden Annex.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed in Bambou this time and I think it's my favourite if the quirky rooms, definitely more suited to men as it's not quite as feminine as the others. I liked the glass sink and I slept well, the bed was really comfy. My first choice in Châtellerault.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Shown into a modest size room which was crammed with overstuffed furniture yet had no cupboard space and a wardrobe only one foot wide. Toilet so small it's difficult to sit down and close the door.
The town isn't very attractive and seems to be suffering badly from the recession.
My advice is to go to another nearby town and use a better value hotel. This one is much too expensive for what it offers.

Stayed: February 2014