“Appalling hotel, who then stole money.”

Premiere Classe Saint Quentin
Premiere Classe Saint Quentin
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in St-Quentin
“Appalling hotel, who then stole money.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked 3 rooms through booking.com for 9 of us. When I arrived there was no reception just an electronic machine. I was able to get tickets for 2 rooms, but not the 3rd. I spent until 1:45am on the phone to booking.com, and eventually they agreed they would refund a new booking I had to make on the spot. The whole time there were dodgy types in the car park, the rooms were clearly being used as a brothel. The rooms stank of smoke. When I arrived back in England and claimed my refund booking.com would not refund the money as the hotel claimed the night watchman recalled checking us all in! This was at a time when there was no night watchman. I spent a fortune on phone calls, and have still not received a refund due to lies the hotel have told. Avoid this hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: To get a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrMurphs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Worcestershire
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed en route back from SE France. Very cheap - didn't have breakfast and left early.

Beds, room and bathroom tolerable. We were top floor at the front and had no neighbours - judging by other comments we were lucky the hotel was quiet!

Located on an industrial estate and not sure how safe the car would be so emptied it of valuables before turning in.

Won't stay here again but it did the job. I looked it up on Google streetmaps before we booked so was aware of the surroundings.

One staff member on duty who was surly and disinterested.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed November 1, 2011

France. A beautiful country with amazing scenery. So imagine my reaction when I pulled up at this dive on an industrial estate!

The room was, at best, truly horrific. I pulled back the bedsheets to find a few pubic hairs. Not to worry, I thought, I'll get a good nights sleep and never have to come back again. Unfortunately only one part of that thought was true.

The walls are so thin they may as well not be there because as I settled down to try and get my good nights sleep I could hear bed springs. It's ok, it'll be over in a matter of minutes I thought. Needless to say after a short while it was over, until the next punter arrived. All though the night you would hear people walking to the room, a few minutes of silence and then the vigorous sound of bed springs.
In hindsight I probably should have salvaged something from the night and gone and had a go as well...

Breakfast was interesting. Stale croissants and vending machine coffee. Luckily I didn't have to pay for this because the receptionist was too busy smoking a fag and told me to go away, so I walked out.

The only good thing about this place is the free wi-fi and the Chinese buffet across the road.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! If you simply must, get a room on the top floor at the very end. It's best...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark L

Travelers are raving about these St-Quentin hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was greeted with an aroma that resembled a blocked sewer when I opened my room door...My room, which was about as welcoming as a prison cell, smelt like a 100 a day smoker had lived in it for his entire 10 year (sentence) stay. The cleaner decided to start sweeping outside my room at 4.30 am, whilst chatting to someone in the loudest voice I've ever heard. I might as well have been in bed with the occupant of the next room who snored, the walls were so thin. A bed of nails would have been more comfy and the pillow gave me a bad neck. I thought it was impossible to get a bad croissant in France...oh no not here...it would have made a good chewy treat for my pet dog. I know it's cheap, but I would still have got a better nights sleep stood upright in a field.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Petesnap
Manchester
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Would tell you about the hotel, but never managed to get to it.

Not in a convenient location, it is in the middle of industrial area used for regular road races, so woe betide you if you get there during an evening of racing as you won't get to the hotel. Roads closed, no access.

And the hotel won't answer the phone. Ever. And I mean at all. Book somewhere else.

Best of luck...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Herefordshire
Reviewed May 24, 2010

As with life, so it is with Hotels, the less you pay the less you should expect. The Premiere Classe is very cheap, around £34.00 without Breakfast when we stayed, and is clearly the haunt of the White Van Man. Ours was just about the only car in the car park, surrounded by Plasters, Concrete and Foundation layers, Electricians, and even a small Oil tanker! The Campanile is within a 100 yards and the car park full of reps cars, so the pecking order is that the Sales people stay there and once the contract is won the Premiere Classe hosts the people that do the work. The rooms are small and clean although a little scruffy around the edges, fine for one, cosy for two but cramped for three. The feel is that the Hotel is very busy indeed but could really do with a some TLC. Our key lock didn't work first time and the Receptionist had to break off from ironing the linen to open up for us. The room smelt very badly of cigarette smoke, not sure if it was supposed to be non smoking but I doubt the management are bothered as they are too busy. The shower / WC / hand basin cubicle is just adequate and there is plenty of hot water. A paper sticker on the door informs guests that they will be charged for all missing linen. The beds have sheets and blankets - sheet were nice and clean, but presume the blankets are washed every now and again. There is a small breakfast area self serving a continental setup, for around £4.50 per person.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PyttsPete
Tilos
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We wanted to travel for around two hours south after arriving to Dunkirk from Dover and St Quentin seemed ideal. The hotel is very basic but perfectly functional with a double bed and a single bed above it at 90 degrees fixed to the wall. the bathroom is small but it works and there is a tv in the corner. It should be called a motel really because it has that feel with open parking around the rooms. We checked in at just before midnight and i was a little concerned but the 24 hour automated service was excellent with very easy instructions, all you need is the debit card you booked in with and the machine then gives you a ticket which is your room key, simple! Breakfast at €4.60 euros and was good value for money and will set you up for a long drive, nice coffee. Free wi-fi in the room a major bonus. Good, basic stop over hotel for 40 euros a very good price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business