“Nice but let down by poor service”
Review of Villa d'Isle

Villa d'Isle
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in St-Quentin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I eat both dinner and breakfast here as part of a large group (120).

Venue - Nice and well appointed. Visually appealing

Dinner - the food was OK but nothing to write home about with a number of our group sending their steaks backs as they were 'raw'. Admit we were a large, but prebooked party, but service was very slow with a wait of over an hour between the starter and main course.

Breakfast - basic pastries were supplied with organge juice and coffee. The pastries ran out before half our group had eaten as did the coffee and organge juice. The coffee and organge juice were replaced but slowly as there was insufficent staff available.

The staff I met were all very pleasant and helpful but had to high a workload

2  Thank The_Flitting
There are newer reviews for Villa d'Isle

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Opt for a seat in the garden at the back - it's much quieter than the indoor restaurant, where you are subjected to canned music! The service in this lovely restaurant was fantastic - the waitresses were really attentive and helpful. The food was sublime: well-presented and delicious. A lovely place to spend one's last evening in St Quentin!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Fantastic service, limited menu signalled well executed food, that was delivered perfectly. Lovely eclectic setting with a tasteful twist on the old features blended wit a modern decor, lovely outdoor garden area. Please try the entrance hides the delights within.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Enjoyed a business dinner here. It was walking distance from my downtown hotel. My hosts chose it for our dinner.

It's on a retail street just off the main downtown area, and just down the hill from the main market area.

Our waitress had tremendous energy, loved to laugh, and was very helpful. She was what we called dynamic. Don't mis read my words, she was excellent and I rate service excellent. Luckily my host spoke decent English, otherwise translation of the menu would have been a bit challenging.

We started with the house cocktail, which was very refreshing. A mix of champagne, peach and some other flavors, very nice. My starter was a salad with chicken and a wonderful dressing. I chose another chicken dish for the main entree. It came with very nice asparagus, and a tasty sauce. This was excellent and tasty.

Desert was a chocolate mouse, just the right size, not to big, yet very rich.

My dinner partners enjoyed their meals also, from the veal to the cod.

Excellent place for a wonderful meal....enjoy!

1  Thank kh57ca
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Brilliant restaurant that doesn't look much from the outside but once inside it opens up like a flower, the garden is especially lovely. Good value seeing as we had 3 courses each, with wine and the service was fantastic. Will definitely return when back in St- Quentin.