“Nice boat but food sub standard”
Review of MyFerryLink Calais - Dover - CLOSED

MyFerryLink Calais - Dover
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice boat but food sub standard”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Booked at the terminal in Calais, polite service but quite expensive to do it this way.

Very nice boat and very few cars and lorries on board. Were looking forward to a nice meal in the posh restaurant but it wasn't open as so few people aboard.

Went to the cafe but food looked and tasted as though it had been back and forth a few times across the channel so was a big disappointment. Probably back to the tunnel next time.

Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awful Booking Experience with Direct Ferries”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When I made the booking over a week ago, the confirmation at the end of the process said, "The operator has received our (sic) booking request BUT (Sic) did not send a confirmation back. Please contact the call centre to confirm the booking Your card HAS (sic) been debited". But who is "the call center" and where is its phone number? Not specified. Not having time to research the issue or the inclination to make an international call, I thought I'd let it go since there was a confirmation number given. A couple of days before the trip I noted that our credit card had not been debited. So, I looked up a number for Direct Ferries and called. Turned out they'd put a security hold on my US credit card, something they apparently do with all US credit cards -- but had not informed me of course. I could make a new reservation on the phone, but that would cost "considerably more" -- or I could make a new online booking. As I was trying to do that while still on the phone, I inadvertently hit the wrong date (the day before our planned travel). It then cost 40 pounds to change the travel date back to our original date, though the cost of that had been only 37.50 pounds!!!. All caused by the original opaque message about contacting "the call centre" and the stress of trying to redo the online booking while on the line with the agent. A bad show all around.

Visited June 2013
24 Thank JJFeeney
Bristol, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“My Ferry Link”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Cheap, bit of waiting but its cheaper if travelling for pleasure, will use again although P&O is better when it it comes to get on the ferry even if you are early or late a bit more accommodating.

3 Thank monkeybiz2006
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“My Ferry Link a good alternative to mainline operators”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quick loading and unloading of car.
Friendly staff onboard.
Did not try the various eateries, but the meny seemed to be very tempting.
Overall a pleasant crossing.
Would use this ferry company again.Very competitive fare structure.

2 Thank UKNorseman
England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“STITCHED UP”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Paid £88 for return crossing. Needed to come home week early - to change our sailing, same day (Tues) same time (12.00Hrs) they charged us £51.

1 Thank Michael H