“Good but bring your credit card”
Review of Le Channel

Le Channel
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Calais
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The location is close to the Calais Holiday Inn on a busy restaurant. I enjoyed my food but can't remember what I had. I was here for a meeting, it wouldn't have been my choice. I think they try to pretend the restaurant is better than it is,although it was full when I visited. I wasn't paying but found the charges very over the top. Maybe it was me but I didn't enjoy the experience.

1  Thank MJGKentUk

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good French food. An amazingly over-priced wine list for this class of restaurant. Hard to find a bottle under €30. The lift to the toilets is an amazing experience. One of the 3 or 4 best in Calais.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We have been to The Channel several times and it never fails to produce a great evening. The family and staff who own it are so friendly and helpful and the food is wonderfully presented and delicious. Looking forward to more visits.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Restaurant was full of locals which is always a good sign. Genuine French restaurant, not designed for tourists. Beautiful menu with a large selection, perfectly cooked and presented. Deserts were totally exquisite. On the down side, if you do not speak French difficult to fully understand what you are getting beforehand, also quite a formal setting and not cheap.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Have been eating here for at least 15 years. Almost every time I drive to Europe I try to make time to stop off here before the ferry. On occasions I have even taken daytrips just to eat here. Have lost count how many times I have visited and NEVER been disappointed. Lovely family and staff (which haven't changed in as long as I can remember) gives a familiarity that only enhances the food and environment. Cannot say enough nice things about the Crespos and their restaraunt. Time to go back methinks :)

1  Thank chris b