“Great tagines”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Totleigh Towers
“Great tagines”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Ate there with family while waiting for Channel crossing. I'm quite partial to North African food and this restaurant is a good example of the genre, with excellent tagines full of lamb with all the chewy bits (essential to get the right texture in the sauce). The kids I'm ashamed to say ate steak and chips: their meat was OK but the chips were really very good indeed! Service was prompt (but it was early evening and fairly quiet) and the staff were very pleasant. We drank mint tea which was delicious so can't comment on wine etc. Overall we found this a very pleasant place to spend an hour or two.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Spinkbottle

“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Dislike North African food, couscous, Stew and anything to do with the cuisine. These food experiences have been boring, bland and nothing special even when in morocco. So when my wife insisted on going there for a change to eating beautiful French food, I reluctantly said nothing and sheepishly followed. I looked at the menu and couldn't think of how I could avoid ordering. The menu looked dull and certainly didn't surprise me. My taste buds were dormant. Stewed chicken, stewed overcooked lamb, braised overcooked duck, what a choice. I chose the duck tagine, my wife chose the chicken and 10 year-old chose chicken couscous. I take all the above negative comments back. How wrong can you be. It was delicious. From the first mouthful to the last I just thought the flavours were beautiful. My wife and daughter ate everything and felt the same as I did. Absolutely brilliant. I cant believe I'm saying this, but highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank Fromvastexperience
Birmingham England
“A touch of Africa in the Pas de Calais”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We were staying at the Holiday Inn (round the corner) - the one near the port - and tried Le Sesame for a change of menu. Menu is mostly tagine (north african stew) and couscous (various dishes with light carbo), portions good size, very tasty, friendly staff, nicely decorated in Moorish style: 2 mains plus drinks 46 euros.

2 Thank Analemmatic