“Awful Service”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Beauvais
Poitiers, France
“Awful Service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was told by reception that breakfast was 15 euros for 2 people. The next day I was charged 17.00 and so I asked the receptionist who was a different person than the night before, why this was so. I did not understand her french so I asked if she spoke English and she practically screamed at me Dix Sept Euros and spoke no English. She shoved the machine into my hands so I could pay. This was after I was ringing the call reception button for 5 minutes because nobody was at the desk. I ended up finding the receptionist in the bar area talking with other employees. I asked her if she could call me a taxi and she gave me a dirty look like I was asking her an enormous favor. Also the maids opened our door and came into the room while we were sleeping and woke us in the morning. She said excuse me and left. They were extremely loud cleaning the other rooms and we could not fall back asleep. The service was extremely rude and disrespectful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Reading the previous reviews (after I booked it, if I may add) I was really worried, but I was actually surprised by the cleanliness of the room. Yes, true, the room was little, the window small and the soundproofing not at 100% but there was a huge cosy bed in there, very clean and a faultless bathroom with high pressure shower. From my point of view, the minuses were: the airport help desk person doesn't know that the city bus 12 goes to all hotels in the industrial part of the town including Balladins ( her advice was to change buses in the centre of city) ; the hotel bar is basic, you cannot buy a peanut if you arrive in the evening and you are hungry; there was only decaf option in my room near the kettle. All in all, no significant problems.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wiseguy74
Montreal
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here before taking plane.
We were afraid of review on bedbugs but actually found room & bed (linen included) very clean.
No problem at all.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pisa
Reviewed September 30, 2011

There's nothing like free shuttle or something that you might call like that, connecting the airport and your hotel in Beauvais. There's a simple city bus with its own schedule that pass through the village, the airport and the industrial area where most of the hotels are. When you get off the bus from Paris in the airport you find a sign of the Balladins Hotel and you'll read "free shuttle": that's not true, you'll have to pay 4 euros for the bus or get a surely not free taxi!
We arrived at the airport at 7 p.m.and couldn't get to the Balladins before 9:30 p.m. (5 km). The hotel brochure tells you it is situated at few steps from the airport, the steps of a giant whose legs are at least 2,5 km each! We'been dropped in a deserted and dark industrial area with a "good luck" from the bus driver! I'd say everybody to think about all the extra that the beauvais airport implies before booking a low fare flight......30 euros for the city shuttle 4 for the bus and 20 for a terrible dinner at the airport restaurant, sure we could avoid the restaurant but there's no much choice there....the hotel is clean although very ghostly, the rooms of the kind you expect in an industrial area with a small windows that looks on the speedway, we stayed there because we had an early flight but next time....Orly Airport or No Paris at all!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Beauvais hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 28, 2011

this hotel has bed bugs! i was unlucky enough to stay here on my last night in france before flying home from beauvais tilly airport, we were bitten tonnes and even brought a few of the little !@#$#@ers home with us and are now in the cleaning process t home trying to get rid of them.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank europian1
Ferrara, Italy
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Nothing to complain about this 2 ** hotel: check-in was quick (booked through Expedia), employees were friendly and efficient, beside French they could speak also English.
The room was quite small ans essential, but clean and tidy. The en-suite bathroom with shower was clean as well.
On TV only French channels (and CNN) were available. Wi-fi available for free (registration required).
Room's walls are quite thin, therefore noisy neighbours could be a problem.
For breakfast a reasonable choice of alternatives was available.
The area around the hotel is quiet, a lot of supermarkets and big stores; a couple of fast-food restaurants are available as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I missed a flight and, following the advice of the lady from the tourist info office and also the recommendation of the bus driver (yes, I know:), I spent a night at this motel. Because you have to be aware, it is not a two stars hotel, but rather a smelly and dirty motel.
The service is poor, the lady from the reception greeted me by ignoring me for about 5 minutes; the other one (I guess there are only two) spoke no English but at least knew how to smile politely (it wasn't the case with the first:).
But the service is brilliant comparing with the room itself: tiny, smelly, with sheets and blankets that reminded me of the old communist hotel rooms, stained sink&shower. The shower gel looked like vitriol and the mirror was a little cleaner than the WC lid.
The only good thing about this place is the breakfast, so don't miss it if you really have to stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank RedCoquelicot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beauvais
Kyriad Beauvais Sud
#1 of 1 in Allonne
Hotel de la Cathedrale
Hotel de la Cathedrale
#3 of 13 in Beauvais

Been to Hotel balladins Beauvais? Share your experiences!